Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Spanish Real find!

WoofWoof

[attachment 242304 1799Realbackresized.jpg][attachment 242305 1799Realfrontresized.jpg]Not exactly what you would think of finding in Southcentral Pennsylvania but it sure made my day
1799 Spanish Real.XP Deus, sens. 95, dis. 5.5 18 kHz

I should have added that it was about 10" deep with 3 pull tabs over it. Deus sorted through the junk& kept giving me a 92 reading so I kept going down & there she be. The initial reading was 74-92 so it was right on with tabs & silver.

That is a sweat find! I have yet to get my first spanish silver (darned things still elude me)

I would advise you to submit your find here: http://www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com/real-finds

It only takes a minute to enter and you could win this months sweepstakes and take home a Kindle Fire. I would submit if I found some Spanish silver for sure. This is a great find with a great story. I hope you submit and win this month because pulling a Reale out of 3 pull tabs is simply awesome and a great display of what the Deus is capable of. Congrats on the great find and please submit it! -Marc

Great find! Congrats!

What's the hstory of the reale in Pennsylvania (and elsewhere)? Is it just that they were the coins circulating in the late 1700's early 1800's?

hh Joe

Mrc- I did post it on the XP Deus site & they accepted it, now I guess I'll have to beat the streets for some votes!

Also, I'm sure feeling silly for the typo-I know it's Reale not Real

I really wonder just who it was that had this coin & lost it- I gleaned this from History.org:
"First, there were no gold or silver mines in British North America. Second, Great Britain itself had limited sources of precious metals. Coins came from the major gold and silver producing regions and the great trading nations.The most commonly used coins were from Spanish territories."

Sweet find,so far in sw pa the oldest silver I got is an 1875 cc dime,but i know a couple of reals were found in my area thanks for posting,very cool