Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Spanning nine decades in 2 hours

dan b

Took the ATPro out to a new spot tonight. Actually, it's a spot I detected 27 years ago with my Freedom 2 Plus but I never went around the boulevards back then. We had a nice long rain yesterday so the ground was very nice to dig in. Anyway, I dug 39 coins and a bit of trash, and managed to find wheaties from the 20's, 30's, and 40's. Also found our Canadian pennies from the 50's, 60's. Add that to the typical 70's, 80's and 90's coins and rusty 00's and there's 9 decades represented. I found 3 of the rustiest coins I've found in a long time.
That 1924 Wheatie wa a measured 9". I stuck my Garrett carrot in the hole and the top was slightly below the surface. No silver, but still a good hunt.

I'm in a border city, so it's not uncommon. I find way more US cents from the mid 1910's to the 1940's then Canadian pennies from those decades.