Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Speaker Volume - AT Gold & AT Pro

Turak

I notice that the external speaker volume on my AT Gold is NOTICEABLY LOUDER than the volume on my AT Pro.

Boy do I wish the external volume was adjustable on BOTH machines (hint, hint......Garrett...)

The AT Pro is about 2 going on 3 years old now, while the AT Gold is only a few months old. But that shouldn't make a difference I would think. I have not
noticed any volume degradation over the years on the AT Pro.

I am surprised at how much louder the AT Gold is though. It is also a MUCH more 'chatty' machine in the trashy areas I hunt (even with it set on disc2 mode).
Way more chatty than my AT Pro set in Pro Coin mode..

I prefer to detect with the speaker whenever possible, rather than the headphones for a variety of reasons (i.e. overall comfort, muffle other sounds, etc).

It's kind of a double edged sword though. Its nice having it louder like my AT Gold (for us older folks that may not hear as good as some of the younger crowd)...

But boy do you get people looking at you. They wonder what all the noise is about. I hunt some pretty trashy areas at the park I go to.

My AT Pro is reasonably loud when you get a good hit on a coin or something. But I think I would like it a bit louder like my AT Gold.

Turak, I agree that the big muffs are somewhat cumbersome and too warm for summer comfort. As far as the volume goes I cut the plug off my headphones and soldered a 3.5mm female plug on to it . 3.5mm and 1/8" are the same so either will work Then I plug a Koss(from Amazon) volume control inline with a pair of the little rubber inner ear headphones. They are nice and light, cool and if you like you could use 1 and put the other in your shirt pocket or just get the single ear piece style like for cell phones. I believe Garrett also makes an adapter plug so you don't need to solder a new plug in place but they are near the same price as the headphones. Soldering that little plug is a little intimidating because of its size. I have severe tinnitus so this really helps me to hear it all.------------Hope this helps--IB