Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Special Purposed Eldorado (uMax)

Canewrap

I recently added an Eldorado back to my arsenal for one special purpose. When hunting Civil War relics, these days, you have two scenarios - outside of hunting old homesites. 1. You've hit the lottery and you've got a virgin site (least likely). 2. The more likely scenario is you're hunting a site that's been hunted hard and probably will only produce a couple things at best.

What I plan to do, is get a large coil for the Eldorado. I'm thinking an SEF 10X12 or the NEL 12X13. I need the best combination of separation and depth I can get and I chose the Eldorado to help keep the overall weight down and to use a frequency that handles moderately mineralized soil a little better. I need experience/suggestions on what larger coil would be best for this, when I'm pretty much going to dig everything (but nails when I can tell its a deep nail).

I really don't think the Eldo has enough gain (sens,) to drive those big DD coils, the Outlaw really can't get deep with the 12X10" DD. I have read that the Tejon has enough gain to run the big DD's Did you try the 8" brown concentric that I suggested to you the last time you asked about coils for the Eldo? These coils are cheap brand new and I've found mint used ones for around $50 shipped. I don't like the DD coils for unmasking as too many targets can be under the coil at the same time. I like the DD's for ground coverage but realize that if I get into a nail infested sight, it won't work well. JMHO

PS: the out of production white and thin 10

Hombre, yes you've mentioned the 8" and the 10.5" before. This question is probably just me over thinking things, since my relic hunting season is over and won't start again until September or early October. I hadn't thought about whether the machine has enough gain to drive a bigger coil. I'll start looking for one of the 10.5-inch concentrics. That will give me something to do, while I'm going stir crazy, waiting to hunt a new site I just received permission to hunt, this fall. Thanks for your help!

I have a Tejon, but it's usually the machine I let my son use. This is good information though and I really appreciate the help.