Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Special thanks to all that helped out

Reaney in NH

Here is our first official meet and seeded hunt. We had about 12 kids participate. Ranging from around 12 to 17 years of age.

While I gave a talk about metal detectors a brief description on how they work and a demonstration on descrimination and of coarse I passed around and talked about some of my finds. My friend Josh was out seeding a woodchip play ground with Clad coins and prize tokens.
I put every machine I had into service to get everybody using one. We seeded the woodchips with clad coins and some price tokens and turned them loose.
Myself and a local friend named Josh walked around and gave tips on pin pointing and locating targets after digging. We only had about 40 minutes for the actual hunt before we ran out of time. This was a week ago... The Teen center has been buzzing about it all week... Everybody had a blast... Everybody found some stuff and they didn't come close to finding it all.
We had sceduled a second run for today but it decided to rain on our Parade. So We stayed inside and talked more about operation, types of sites, asking permision etc. Was a smaller group today... but still had 8 kids that were rivited to there seats and asking great questions.
I could not have pulled this off if it was not for the donations of cash, machines and equipment and the deep discount given on a cpl of machines. I've ended up with 7 machines for the kids to use and a real mix of machines too... its great.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Reaney in NH

Newport Teen Center

HI
WOW! Sounds like you had great time. I think,if more teens where involved with stuff like this,it whould keep them off of drugs and drinking to.

priscila

That is kinda the idea... However I do this for Purly selfish reasons... It Make ME feel good!!

The rewards are great and the effort is really nopt that much. It has taken a few months and some emails to put it together. I've spent some personal cash and had alot donated.
You are right... I Had a blast... Thank you
Reaney

Reaney,

Sounds like a great thing your doing up there. From experience I can tell you that detecting saved me from a life of crime. Prior to buying my first dector centuries ago, I was in trouble with relative consistency, and as a young juvenile. But from the time I got my first detector I had remained trouble free and remain on the crime free record. It would be worth the effort if you could even get one kid off the street and into detecting or other hobbies that generate real interests. And you should feel great about what you are doing too...

Jim