Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SPECIAL THANKS

TomB

I have received a number of inquires from members of this form about the recent tornado's that hit our county. On Friday 4/8/11 two large tornado's hit Pulaski Co Virginia. Over three hundred homes were either destroyed or heavily damaged. Through the grace of God no lives were lost. My home was spared but a large tree fell on my decoy carving shop. We ere not hurt but were scared near to death. I now know what they mean when they say "It sounded like a locomotive coming through the house". Thank you members who sent PM and your prayers are appreciated. TomB

PS Guess I should have added that my shop was not destroyed. A large crane was used to remove the tree
and there appears to minimum structural damage.

Glad to hear you are doing well Tom. We've managed to dodge the tornadoes in my local area so far this year. Not so lucky an hour north of me. I know exactly what you mean by the sound of the locomotive. The other thing I'll never forget is that sudden change in air pressure. Unbelievable unless you've been through one. Best of luck in the cleanup process. HH Randy

omg I cant imagine what fear that could bring.... Do you have a storm shelter in your basement? Do most people around there have one or just the well to do people that have them?

digmeahole said:
omg I cant imagine what fear that could bring.... Do you have a storm shelter in your basement? Do most people around there have one or just the well to do people that have them?

I do not know of anyone who has a storm shelter. These tornadoes are the first to hit our county, at least in my life time. Tornadoes in mountainous country are very rare. Tom