Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Spectrum Secrets

artman60

Looking for a copy of Spectrum Secrets by Kevin Mulrooney for sale. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me in my quest for one. Thank you, Artie

I've been looking for one also , I've tried the sites listed and all i can find is old listings , if you find 2 of them i will buy one from you gaurenteed ,,,,

I had a copy when it first came out,But lost it while moving so like you tried to find another with no luck. I think alot of the problem is the auther passed away so no more copys are being made. It is a great book with alot of info on all types of detecting from gold,coins, and civil war relics. Really a great book!

Makes me wonder what the penalty would be for scanning a copy of the book into a computer, and putting it on disk. If I gave the disks away so there was no profit, is it still illegal? I'm betting yes, but wonder if anyone would come after someone for copyright infringement for making copies of an out of print book, for no profit. I'm not saying I would do such a thing, just seems a shame that the info in the book can't get to the people who want it. Artie

I wonder after the author passes away, if there is a time limit on copy rights, or if there was a way to find out who was in control of the copy rights, and if you could get permission to make copies. It would seem that in this computer age, it would be possible to make short runs of books, instead of like 30 years ago when you had to make large runs, to be profitable. Artie

artman60 said:
I wonder after the author passes away, if there is a time limit on copy rights, or if there was a way to find out who was in control of the copy rights, and if you could get permission to make copies. It would seem that in this computer age, it would be possible to make short runs of books, instead of like 30 years ago when you had to make large runs, to be profitable. Artie

Kevin wrote his book in 1996. US copyright is valid for 20 years if not renewed. So this particular work will enter the public domain in 2016 if not renewed by his estate.

We're only two years away. Thank You, Artie