Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Speechless and Humbled

Ronstar

I will keep this as short as possible, I had a hard time sleeping last night...

Got out yesterday with the intent of digging up at least $2 in coins to break $50 since January 1. I did that within a couple hours. Decided to go back to those old Apts as there was still one building that I dont think jkline nor I had been around yet. Dug another buck and needed to head home. One recovery has almost changed my life.
One quarter hit was nearly 5” deep so dug the plug, pushed the handheld in and got the good buzz, pushed in another inch and up pops a clad quarter and under that what looked like a slightly odd looking silver ring. I could see some lettering and numbers on the exterior and interior sides of the ring, ring thingy just looked odd tho.
Got home, cleaned up, grabbed a beer and sat down. Examined the ring with loupe, NDS on one side and 198 on the opposite exterior side. Interior was a different style engraving of 0401AFD. I Googled “silver ring NDS198” and nothing. Changed it to add the interior numbers and things went from 0 to 100 in a blink. I was redirected to a site which read Naval Intelligence Division, please call the following number immediately! I backed out and closed the app. About 5 minutes later I received an email from a Naval Research and Development Unit asking for contact.
Im furiously texting with jkline cause this is just weird now. How in the hell did they have my email address? Tell the wife I love her, and jump in. Figure it gets any weirder I can block numbers, right?
Spoke with a Capt Hugh Morris who sounded very calm and professional. He told me in short order I had recovered an experimental ring thought to be lost since November 1941.
In 1939 the Navy was experimenting with an experimental silver alloy/synthetic compound which was non detectable to xray or metal detector type technology at that time. It was reported that a Capt who was attending submarine training in N Idaho had lost the ring at an unknown point. This is good information as there was such training at Farragut NS back then. These apartments did start life as military housing and classrooms. He has my attention. He asked if there was a gemstone attached on the top base piece, there was not. Seems the assembly had a very small compartment that a “microchip” type sheet could be inserted and concealed. The development of this item ended less that a month later when December 7 happened. The entire project was scrapped and declassified about 20 years ago. This ring was one of two never recovered/returned.
Capt Morris told me a Naval Officer would be contacting me today and making arrangements to retrieve the ring sometime today.
At this point I realized I had not actually put the coil over this thing. Nope, nada, zero. It appears and feels like metal but F75 will not detect and neither will the Garrett carrot. Tried to get back on that site and it no longer redirected to USN. I wanted to get a screen shot of the numbers and instructions but its apparently taken down. I still have the 800 number in phone history.
Im wide awake and will update this later after I have more information.
This is just plain crazy ass science fiction.
My wedding ring on left, ringy thing on right.

Attachments

• 323D7ACA-CB6C-4337-BDF2-47C5FE8C79B9.jpeg
    323D7ACA-CB6C-4337-BDF2-47C5FE8C79B9.jpeg
    922 KB · Views: 322
I will keep this as short as possible, I had a hard time sleeping last night...

Got out yesterday with the intent of digging up at least $2 in coins to break $50 since January 1. I did that within a couple hours. Decided to go back to those old Apts as there was still one building that I dont think jkline nor I had been around yet. Dug another buck and needed to head home. One recovery has almost changed my life.
One quarter hit was nearly 5” deep so dug the plug, pushed the handheld in and got the good buzz, pushed in another inch and up pops a clad quarter and under that what looked like a slightly odd looking silver ring. I could see some lettering and numbers on the exterior and interior sides of the ring, ring thingy just looked odd tho.
Got home, cleaned up, grabbed a beer and sat down. Examined the ring with loupe, NDS on one side and 198 on the opposite exterior side. Interior was a different style engraving of 0401AFD. I Googled “silver ring NDS198” and nothing. Changed it to add the interior numbers and things went from 0 to 100 in a blink. I was redirected to a site which read Naval Intelligence Division, please call the following number immediately! I backed out and closed the app. About 5 minutes later I received an email from a Naval Research and Development Unit asking for contact.
Im furiously texting with jkline cause this is just weird now. How in the hell did they have my email address? Tell the wife I love her, and jump in. Figure it gets any weirder I can block numbers, right?
Spoke with a Capt Hugh Morris who sounded very calm and professional. He told me in short order I had recovered an experimental ring thought to be lost since November 1941.
In 1939 the Navy was experimenting with an experimental silver alloy/synthetic compound which was non detectable to xray or metal detector type technology at that time. It was reported that a Capt who was attending submarine training in N Idaho had lost the ring at an unknown point. This is good information as there was such training at Farragut NS back then. These apartments did start life as military housing and classrooms. He has my attention. He asked if there was a gemstone attached on the top base piece, there was not. Seems the assembly had a very small compartment that a “microchip” type sheet could be inserted and concealed. The development of this item ended less that a month later when December 7 happened. The entire project was scrapped and declassified about 20 years ago. This ring was one of two never recovered/returned.
Capt Morris told me a Naval Officer would be contacting me today and making arrangements to retrieve the ring sometime today.
At this point I realized I had not actually put the coil over this thing. Nope, nada, zero. It appears and feels like metal but F75 will not detect and neither will the Garrett carrot. Tried to get back on that site and it no longer redirected to USN. I wanted to get a screen shot of the numbers and instructions but its apparently taken down. I still have the 800 number in phone history.
Im wide awake and will update this later after I have more information.
This is just plain crazy ass science fiction.
My wedding ring on left, ringy thing on right.

That is really WIERD, Ron, but I hope & pray that everything works together for your GOOD & you Win in whatever the strange happening is or turns out to be! Remember the WWII Philadelphia Project about some crew members melting into the metal of the ship? Whether real or not I just don't know--A lot of strange & unhealthy dangerous testing went on in the 40's & 50"s, even in St' Lous City, MO when we thought the foggers were getting rid of mosquitos but learned later they were testing we citizens with dangerous chemicals that has caused harm & diseases (cancer?) to the body & nerve system like me! I Used to sit on my aunt & uncles doorstep (In the PEAbody GOV Housing Projects! Our own GOV LEADERS are not to be trusted even then (during WWII Roosevelt-- A WEALTHY DEMOCRAT-- was President in POWER with his New Deal, who started THE GOV PONZI SCHEME of everyworker rec a SOCIAL SECURITY number & forced to pay into it--Way too top heavy as more & more ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS receive freely and haven't PAID into it nor not paying to fund it! 😠 Ma

Just after posting this I received a call from a Lt Joseph Joukstire, USN. He advised me had been assigned to contact me and retrieve the ring. He said he was able to procure a spot on a Navy flight from Whidbey Island NAS to Fairchild AFB and should be able to drive here by noon today. I was given the choice of private contact or public location, I have chosen for the Sheriff’s Office lobby.
This is just insane .......

Just after posting this I received a call from a Lt Joseph Joukstire, USN. He advised me had been assigned to contact me and retrieve the ring. He said he was able to procure a spot on a Navy flight from Whidbey Island NAS to Fairchild AFB and should be able to drive here by noon today. I was given the choice of private contact or public location, I have chosen for the Sheriff’s Office lobby.
This is just insane .......
Wow, Ronstar. A find of a lifetime! What a story! :clap:

Update: We met at the University Chemistry Sciences building. He had a Naval chemist with him who was a bit uncomfortable in conducting the last test outside laboratory conditions to confirm authentic. Head of Chemistry has components for him to make compound to test metal. First test was weight verification, 2.58 grams (I weighed 2.6) I was able to watch only from observation room via a live monitor. An old alchemists formula using something call Whyte’s Lye and a couple other compounds are mixed to together to form thick liquid. The engraving on the serial number on the inside had been chemically treated and reacts when this stuff is applied. If real two of the numbers should turn a pinkish red, and they did!! He was a bit surprised they did due to the condition and age being in the ground but even I could see it turn slightly. Two drops from a needle syringe, first number 0 and last letter D. That was way cool to watch.
Ring returned to the Navy and I should be getting a certificate from the Sec of the Navy soon.

Last edited:
Update: We met at the University Chemistry Sciences building. He had a Naval chemist with him who was a bit uncomfortable in conducting the last test to confirm authentic. Head of Chemistry has components for him to make compound to test metal. First test was weight verification, 2.58 grams (I weighed 2.6) I was able to watch only from observation room via a live monitor. An old alchemists formula using something call Whyte’s Lye and a couple other compounds are mixed to together to form thick liquid. The engraving on the serial number on the inside had been chemically treated and reacts when this stuff is applied. If real two of the numbers should turn a pinkish red, and they did!! He was a bit surprised they did due to the condition and age being in the ground but even I could see it turn slightly. Two drops from a needle syringe, first number 0 and last letter D. That was way cool to watch.
Ring returned to the Navy and I should be getting a certificate from the Sec of the Navy soon.
Whyte Lye? :nono:
:ROFLMAO:

Just received email from Sec of Navy. Certificate attached, that was fast!
Whyte’s Lye a bit too much!!! Lol I left other clues......
Hugh Morris = humoruus
0401AFD = April 1 April Fools Day
Joseph Joukstire = Joe Jokester
a small drop of Whyte’s Lye = a small white lie

Have a good Aprils Fool day and may you all find pull tabs!!!!
Pic is actual Piece as found on the net.....

Attachments

• A2893589-8EBF-45C8-95D7-980170DDF5A5.jpeg
    A2893589-8EBF-45C8-95D7-980170DDF5A5.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 179
  • E7058192-6668-426C-AB6C-7BA487490ADA.png
    E7058192-6668-426C-AB6C-7BA487490ADA.png
    575.5 KB · Views: 177
  • A964F845-0408-4735-A2B3-EDB8424FA14D.jpeg
    A964F845-0408-4735-A2B3-EDB8424FA14D.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 195
I didn't catch the numbers, but the name Joukstire hit me like that can't be a name. The Navy coming up with a piece of metal that wasn't metal back in 1939 didn't sound right either. It smelled rather fishy, but none the less, it was a good one. HH Jim tn

Just received email from Sec of Navy. Certificate attached, that was fast!
Whyte’s Lye a bit too much!!! Lol I left other clues......
Hugh Morris = humoruus
0401AFD = April 1 April Fools Day
Joseph Joukstire = Joe Jokester
a small drop of Whyte’s Lye = a small white lie

Have a good Aprils Fool day and may you all find pull tabs!!!!
Pic is actual Piece as found on the net.....
I was suspecting this was a little white lie 🤣
But what a phenomenal story!! 😂😂😂