Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Spent most of the day today using the new 5.7" coil!

Keith Southern

Coil is very very DEEEEP for its size..its as deep or deeper than say a Tesoro 8 inch donut coil and separates better.separates like a small coil should but with extra tonal dimensions that the X to be honest only offers.

And still big iron is no match for this coil very easy to tell big iron even on nail disc only..Thats one of the things Im finding on the X that I love and was sort of afraid big iron may be too much for the small coil and fool it..(Axe size iron to a small coil looks like a trash can lid)...I was and am already amazed at the Octagon 11 say on plow points and axe heads etc the way it talked to me but that coil was bigger than those targets and gives edge tonal qualities as it approaches and passes the target..The small coil does exactly this too so it may be more in the detectors disc ability than the coils.You wont believe the big brass Ive left in sites for decades on non metered and even metered units thinking it was just another piece of the ever popular kettle pieces or axe heads or plow points etc that litter out 19th century house sites.Well the X with octagon coil in big iron still grabs that big brass clean and talks to you on the big iron to make you decide if you want to dig it or not.This small coil is letting me get up close to the big iron and see smaller stuff that the big coil struggles on..the big coil is great in just nails for unmasking and its great in big iron for seeing big brass in big iron but cant see the smaller stuff around the big iron..the 5.7 tackles this problem the U.S. relic/Coin hunter faces.Lets you get more before you have to remove the big iron to get more.GREAT NEW FRESH FOUND LITTERED SITE COIL!!Like a scalpel in the big stuff.and the nails only its easy pickings for sure!.I'm taking it to an 1920/30s aluminum site tomorrow that ive hunted to death for silver coins..its a beast to hunt and cant wait to see if i left some silver in that mess.

The X and has such strong disc abilities..and that is to cancel out a target clean but still see adjacent wanted targets of even just slightly higher conductors.!!

The small coil seems to be shaped very tight down the middle (read Narrow) and this has sped up an already fast unit..its more like F75/T2 speed with this coil but ability to blend and see around more than a snapshot gated type unit.

The coil is really well built and sturdy with molded in ears so should never break!Very light to boot perfectly flat bottom and top built like a Sunray 5.

The depth for its size or even if it was bigger is exceptional..Super hot in nickle range up to indian head.seems hotter in that conductivity range for deep clarity than the large coil in that same range.May be the tightness holding the field together better and creating a better HOT ZONE for that conductance..Its hot on all conductors and sizes and mirrors the large in those terms but the conductance range i mentioned seems to be really CRISP and TIGHT.more clean.

EMI is reduced with this coil where say i cant crank the Octagon up full i can get this one almost to full in same area..And even then the EMI is not really chatter but more Sizzle .

Ground balances at different hunt areas about same point as stock coil so must be really dead on freq tuned.

Its basically doing what a small coil should do in trash but showing great depth in air and in harsh soil for its size.Its a most welcome addition.Now om wondering about a Super 8 what could it bring to the table..that's my favorite on the Gain and Warrior for 75% use.

Lots more to talk about want to run it more in other sites and get some airtest numbers and maybe show a short video for it too.I can show more than I can write.

Side note:

The DeepTechs seems to be considered old school by some ..But TO ME its every bit as relevant as any unit made today for inland hunting.No old school unit can run like this and offer this type connection to the soil and not even sure any new units made offer that?A lot of digital units TO ME leave me feeling disconnected from the soilOh they work and work well but i like to approach alot site's in a forensic type way and the X and other DeepTechs paint a sonic picture of whats under the coil..But maybe its because i cut my teeth on analog style units and relied on tonal qualities like target roundness and modulation etc.the X offers this but even more.Some companys are getting Digital to sound really good and that's what I've wanted then I found Deeptechs and saw they could make a more analog type unit do things in a 21st century offering type way and I was hooked from there.

Keith

Very nice write up..........

Good stuff Keith and thank you for talking the time to write

Great write up Keith!
Dang! Sure didn’t take you long to use that!
Can’t wait to see what you find in the worked out spots.

Aaron

Short video of coil on nail board test and check out the depth in the soil!

I have more video but need to cut it up some too long going on 40 minutes..

Keith

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Qu7DIR4VI[/video]

Yes indeed that 5.7 coil is powerful!

Very impressed w the 9&10” dime, solid hits!

Thanks Keith

Aaron

Keith - thanks for the write-up on the Vista X 5.7 coil.

I've read where you have used and tested the Vista Gold Gain, as well.
How would you compare the two detectors for depth and ability to hunt in iron?

Octagon vs the 11" pit bull?
Super 6 vs 5.7 coils?

If you had to choose one to hunt your CW sites, which one?

Thanks

The X hunts iron as well as the Gold Gain for the cuff size buttons on up in nails..The x seems to really hit hard on nickle up to Indian head range ..And seems a little hotter on silver or big brass.

I cant say how much better a super 6 would do on the X Vs the 5.7 probably cover more ground and be a little deeper.But the 5.7 will dissect iron better than the super 6 on the gain I feel.

The ocatagon to me is a win win..its tight but DEEEEEEP..Wonder if one will be available in the line for the other units like the Gain?The octagon is as deep asthe bulldog i feel for sure but sure does talk better in iron.

If i was in just iron then either would do and excel on finding intermingled non ferrous..Yet to me if the site is mixed use and overlaid with 20th century trash etc I really dont grab the Gain unless i want to dig all the trash too..and some sites may warrant that?..But I would grab the X and hunt as easy as I would a say Tejon or X5 etc.

Keith

That’s a great vid. Great audio in tough dirt on a deep dime is great. Does the F75 hit those dimes with a 5” and a non ferrous tone? Or does it take the 11” to get it?