Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Spent some time ith GB Pro

j piddle

Finally got to hunt a little this afternoon a while with the GB>

Hunting along an old sidewalk the is barely visable in town. Runs in front of a old shut down hospital. Had tried hunting it some with my CTX but not having a small coil for it that was mostly wasted time because of all the trash.
Anyway using the 5x10" coil i dug 5 Wheat pennies , one memorial and two clad dimes. The deepest was two of the wheats both right at 6" and the rest of the stuff at 5" or so. There is a lot of gravel down at the 4 to 5" mark where i found the shallow coins. Guess that stoped them from going any deeper. Wheats ranged fr 1935 to 1941 so i know there is silver somewhere. Bad weather cut my hunt short so will try again later.
Also two of the wheats had iron in the hole. One was a old screw and the other is a not sure.Thought it was a thimble but now i dont know. I could here the iron and the coins. Numbers bounced from mid 40s to low 80s on those two. The others registered clean in the mid to low 80s.

I think i am going to really like the GB Pro for trashy areas but time will tell.
I started to buy a small coil and lower shaft for my CTX but for a little more i could buy the GB so i hope to dedicate it as a trash machine.
Will have to see.
Just Piddling

The way you are using the unit (trash machine) is a good way to use it...it does well hunting in iron/trash. Fast recovery and a small coil, along with the adjustable tone break make this a nice unit for that purpose.

Good luck!

Steve