Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Spill

rick in mi

The launch to the river for wich me and my son use to pursue the sometimes elusive 'eyes ' always got me to thinking about detecting. So last week I grabbed a cup of joe and headed out there. Wow anything and everything is in the ground over here. I had a good target that I swore was gona be a dime. Bouncy 77-83 but loud and strong.Popped the plug out and there lay a quarter! Picked it up and looked at it to see the date. 1975. Stood up gave the hole a quick scan and now solid 83. I still hadn't used the pro pointer. Stuck my hand back in the hole and scratched out two more quarters. Now i pulled out the pro pointer and there were hits still coming out of the ground!! I recovered 5 quarters two dimes and a penny. One off the dimes was near the top of the plug. The F75 was telling me in the beginning the dime was on top and the quarters below. hhrickinmi

Larbear it definitely is an adrenaline rush. I ended up with a couple bucks and a ton of trash lol. But it paid for my coffee!! hhrickinmi

Attachments

• 20220930_112048~2.jpg
    20220930_112048~2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 95
Thanks odenscoils. Yes there is alot of targets. I found two V nickles at another favorite launch. The lead sinkers are frustrating I will admit!!! hhrickinmi

I’ve had a couple coin spills and one either gets a rapid “beep beep beep”, a higher VID than normal, or two coin numbers like you got. All depends on how the targets are arranged.
Good find, more money less work!!

Thanks guys for responding to my post. Still looking 52 I have found silver coins in a spill. 2 quarters and a merc. It was a cool find. But I've never found 5 quarters in a spill before. I have dug 7 wheats in a spill one time. Thanks for looking....hhrickinmi