Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Square nails

Ronstar

Thought I would post here regarding additional income opportunity. Seems there are arts and crafts people who will buy rusty square nails of all sizes for projects they sell at craft fairs. Look for folks making wall clocks and decorative plaques and ask. Seems that depending on size one can get 5-25c per nail……
I’ve seen rustic name signs to really cool wall clocks mounted on old barn wood sell for a pretty penny.

Thought I would post here regarding additional income opportunity. Seems there are arts and crafts people who will buy rusty square nails of all sizes for projects they sell at craft fairs. Look for folks making wall clocks and decorative plaques and ask. Seems that depending on size one can get 5-25c per nail……
I’ve seen rustic name signs to really cool wall clocks mounted on old barn wood sell for a pretty penny.
o_O
Ya reckon they'd take some of the more modern square concrete nails ,, I might have a 50 lb box of them left around .

so why are you digging nails ? Are they in the hole with your treasure ? Or are you just after the nails for this reason ?

Last edited:
If I hadnt dug nails with just a hint of something else in the target zone then that Peace Dollar would maybe still be there. If I’m digging it out and packing out then might might as well get paid for it. Might be trash to you but its making cash for me.

If I hadnt dug nails with just a hint of something else in the target zone then that Peace Dollar would maybe still be there. If I’m digging it out and packing out then might might as well get paid for it. Might be trash to you but its making cash for me.
you can't hear the peace dollar in there with the nails?.....you should be able to.

Ended up nearly 10” deep. I removed several nails and each time I did the signal started getting better. It was precisely below two maybe three layers of nails. I kinda think it was fill dirt with debris and the dollar was under or in the hole under the debris and just flashing numbers enough to peak my curiosity. Glad I dug.

Ended up nearly 10” deep. I removed several nails and each time I did the signal started getting better. It was precisely below two maybe three layers of nails. I kinda think it was fill dirt with debris and the dollar was under or in the hole under the debris and just flashing numbers enough to peak my curiosity. Glad I dug.
pinpoint technique...got to be over the part of the target that causes it to " PEAK YOU CURIOSITY"....Jeff got it now.

Sometime the angle of the nail in the dirt along with the right amount of oxidation will give a good signal. At least to me.
Easily distinguishable with pinpoint technique...got to be over the part of the target that causes it to " PEAK YOU CURIOSITY"

I never get a complete target separation signal, the Barber dime recovery is a good example. The signal wasnt quite high enough for the normal nail signals I get here in these soil conditions nor was it lower for a normal dime signal. The nail and dime couldnt have been more that inch or slightly more apart too. I can get pinpoint to work better if objects are similar or say just a bit further apart. Could this be because of coil design or size?

At the rate I’m getting paid for the older square nails I will just keep digging and selling.

I never get a complete target separation signal, the Barber dime recovery is a good example. The signal wasnt quite high enough for the normal nail signals I get here in these soil conditions nor was it lower for a normal dime signal. The nail and dime couldnt have been more that inch or slightly more apart too. I can get pinpoint to work better if objects are similar or say just a bit further apart. Could this be because of coil design or size?

At the rate I’m getting paid for the older square nails I will just keep digging and selling.
you have the best available coil for separation imo.....If you haven't talked to Jeff ...do so as he hunts with you....he can help you if he chooses to do so.

Here is an example of why I’m now keeping and selling old square nails:

Attachments

• 63C8C94C-D53E-4C0B-9FCA-6E9FCA13E5E4.jpeg
    63C8C94C-D53E-4C0B-9FCA-6E9FCA13E5E4.jpeg
    573.2 KB · Views: 155