Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Squeezed in a little hunt yesterday, got a little silver

iskirkra

Took off work a couple of hours early yesterday for a little hunting. I took the G2 to my worst iron pit, it is full of nails and big iron left from an old oil field. The first target was a 1916-S buffalo (to bad it wasn't the double die version). It was about 4 inches deep and surrounded by iron. I could get a good signal and a 58 on the VID in a very narrow sweep, I mean 1" wiggle. Sweeping at regular speed I could hear the good signal bleep and that made me investigate. Pulled out the buffalo and re-swept and there was iron everywhere. The second target was a thin worn 1906 Barber dime right on the edge of detection depth. It was at about 7 inches and I got a faint, but good repeatable signal and the VID was surprisingly good. That deep faint sound is sweet, but you need good headphones, those are the signals I am starting to watch for. The G2 does good in iron. I am using the 5X10 coil.

Randy

Congrats on the finds & thanks for that very interesting hunt report Randy.-----Those G2/GB's are something else (as in GREAT)!---------Del

Sweet finds

Awesome! Had a buddy hunting with this coil earlier this year. Makes me think I need one. Don't you love those coin signals among iron? It is so awesome when you sort through the noise and realize you have a good one. Congrats.

Don
HH

cometguy said:
Awesome! Had a buddy hunting with this coil earlier this year. Makes me think I need one. Don't you love those coin signals among iron? It is so awesome when you sort through the noise and realize you have a good one. Congrats.

Don
HH

That is for sure Don, with the G2 you can really pull out some good stuff in the iron. I like it a lot for my iron laden spots.

Randy