Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

!st time out with White's Dual Field

rarysgaard

Took my new White's Dual Field for the 1st time last Friday. I was very pleasantly surprised. It moved through the water just fine even with the 12" coil. Pin Pointing was superb. The target sounds were loud & easy to hear. I didn't find much, bobby pins, bottlecaps & assorted junk, but was very well pleased at finding & recovering targets. Even though it is a pulse with time & practice I will be able to discriminate targets as I already was able to identify targets before recovering them. It was definitely a good investment. I fully realize that there will be a learning curve to recognize & recover the very deep targets. I must say though that I am very impressed! Thanks for the great books on pulse hunting & the book specifically written on the Dual Field by Clive Clynick. Fabulous information by proven & experienced treasure hunter! A must read for anyone interested in learning how to successfully pulse hunt.

Thanks Cupajo! I've been following your posts for several years now & drooling over your finds. I hunt here in Minnesota in fresh water ,but I am hopeful with more practice & experience to find the old deep gold that I know is there beyond the reach of the VLF water hunters! In know you love your DF. I'm sold as well. Take care!

The duel field is very sensitive. At our black sand beaches here in S. Cal. in the wet, I have dug extremely thin pieces of wire only 1 to 2 inches in length, and gotten a very strong signal, so small gold shouldn't be a problem at all. Personally I prefer to use a vlf machine during the summer months because of all the competition from other hunters. I can ignore the iron and the zinc pennies, (in fact ignore all change if I want) and just go for the mid tones, which allows me to cover a lot more ground looking for the gold. During the winter (our Cal. winter remember), and cool or windy weather when many detectorists stay home, I use the duel field, go slow and listen for those slight variations in the threshold indicating a deep target. With the pulse delay knob, I found that the less the delay the better for finding gold, in fact I have mine off or barely with any delay. Air test it with a thin gold ring while varying the delay and see where it works best for you.