Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stacked Indians

doninbrewster

When out to a popular park yesterday. This park is difficult to work as there are way too many coins, clad and memorial cents that is. There are also a lot of old coins in this park, but they are deep so it's a pain trying to determine how much of the new stuff you don't dig. Generally I don't care what it reads, if it's less than 4" I don't dig it. I've dug lots of Indians here as well as early silver including a 1858 half dime and 1785 half real. The park gets hunted by many people just about every weekend for more than 35 years. The silver is getting lean, but there are still many Indians. I found these 3 yesterday. The 1883's were stacked on top of each other almost like they were glued together. They were so caked with dirt I thought they were probably Wheaties until I got back to the car. The area that was protected was like new. Photo and scan doesn't do it justice. Sorry the last pic is blurry. I should add I also picked up a silver Roosevelt over the weekend....out of the reject tray at a coinstar machine.

Don,
you made some very nice finds! Although, if it were me hunting this park I wouldn't discount those shallow signals.

I know what you mean, but there are just so many signals. If I put my mind to it I could probable dig 150-200 coins in a day providing my back, arms and legs would hold out.

You are very fortunate and have yourself one super park with that many coins. I wish you well - Jim