Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Star shaped pin

Boxcarwilly

Very small pin looking piece.marked 98 RRR.any ideas
20200927_183600.jpg

Believe what you have is a Rough Rider Reunion badge, BcWill, even though I am unable to find an exact match offhand.

Check out this link, with "New Mexico Yellow enameled Cavalry Division 5th Corps badge with pinback intact." Does the back of your badge look like it had a similar attachment?
corpsbadge.jpg

The star shape pin is not a star, but the shape of a 5 bastioned fort to symbolize the 5th Corps... see link below, Spanish American War Corps Badges

Also, check out links to the annual Rough Riders Reunion (RRR as on your badge) or also known as Roosevelt's Rough Riders Reunion (RRRR on some literature related to the event)

As well, a link that you will find interesting to memorabilia from the Reunion. ROUGH RIDER REUNION ITEMS:

Wow, a fantastic and very interesting find, BcWilly! The lack of any readily available written or photo references of your 98 RRR pin, suggests its a rare item and I encourage you to show it to a qualified expert! :clap:

Last edited:
The piece i dug is very small,around 1/2 inch .the back does very much look like a pin to me.thanks for all the great information and your time!half the fun of digging relics is doing the research and learning the history behind the items
20200928_121856.jpg