Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Starting over but which ones

dfg4240

Sold all I had and went from around seven detectors at one time down to none and now I have a new Equinox 800 but want a used Etrac or CTX 3030 but which one.
I keep leaning towards the Etrac because I think it can't be beat on silver but the CTX offers so much more but do I really need it.
I will be mostly coin hunting so that is why I am leaning towards the etrac
There are some nice used deals out there.
David

I can't imagine the E Trac doing better than the 800. The CTX? How much hunting do you do? You have to find quite a bit more to justify that detector. Learn the 800.

You mud hunting or mostly beach/sand. I understand the 600 is the same as the 800 , minus some bells and whistles. Just what I've been reading. No personal experience.

Get a Deus its a killer machine I've nailed 6 silver halfs two silver dollars two capped busts and other silvers within 6 months along with my equinox 800 which by no means is a slouch on silver either!

My experience was I liked the CTX better, but I'm not sure it was better enough to justify the price difference.

Liked the tones of the E-Trac slightly better but in my opinion the CTX had the E-Trac on the rest. More stable, more accurate target ID deeper. and it felt better to swing.

My experience was I liked the CTX better, but I'm not sure it was better enough to justify the price difference.

Liked the tones of the E-Trac slightly better but in my opinion the CTX had the E-Trac on the rest. More stable, more accurate target ID deeper. and it felt better to swing.

I do swing the EQ 800 now but would be happy with the CTX.

I was always a fan of the fbs machines, but never owned one until the CTX came out. I found the heavy s-rod configuration of the etrac just too uncomfortable to swing for very long. Didn't care for the tone choices, although I know that some love them. Minelab fixed the ergonomics issue with the CTX by putting it on a straight rod and balancing it out by moving more of the weight to the rear of the machine, which essentially eliminated the "nose-heaviness" of the etrac. They also added the "combined tones" option which allows the user to the tone ranges and pitch. As far as price goes, I'm willing to spend more for the same amount of performance if it makes the machine more enjoyable to hunt with.

David, Ive had the ctx for sometime now and its really been good to me. Everything southwind and burino said are right on. But I would only buy it used because some of the B&Ws you will not use. Target Trace is really nice cuz it lets you see if you have two close targets where one may be dragging the number on a good target down. But you have to be willing to look at your screen. Some folks would rather just listen to tones. I have a buddy who has an etrac and its great on silver but so is the ctx. Some of my best silver finds were with the ctx and I have a buddy who found a horde of 11 silver dollars with the ctx one of which was at 1 and a half feet. Now to be honest I'm putting my ctx on the market shortly but not to buy the EQ.great machine but not my personal choice. Hope this helps