Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Starting with a BANG.

Steve1825

Had the day off so I went to a local Park to get some exercise. I don't skip large signals next to trees so I dug this one. A 22 caliber revolver with serial number across the but. Police Captain was happy to recover it and thanked me. He said it wasn't in the ground too long as he was able to rotate the cylinder with distinctive clicks. Although it looks abandoned I am still glad to get it off the streets.

Way cool find!

If no one claims it do you get it back?

HH
Mike

Mike Hillis said:
Way cool find!

If no one claims it do you get it back?

HH
Mike

Probably not as it is likely a criminals gun, as they toss them

Captain said it was probably stolen and will go back to the original owner after he checks the serial number.

Haven't seen one of those since my gunsmith days. It is missing some parts: front sight and cylinder pin for sure and probably broke off. RG pistols were junk when new and a favorite of city gangs due to price.