Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Startup 705 settings for the 6" CoilteK??

coyote

Just purchased the {insert unauthorized coil manufacturer's name} 6" DD 3kHz and installed it on my 705. Would like to ask those that have achieved the coils optimum performance the settings that you have found to be satisfactory with the 705. GB setting is 26. Used it for a time this afternoon for testing & to get more familiar with it. Set it in coin (2) program. Area has a lot of trash items. So I was getting variable TID's. on the targets that looked promising. You guessed it all trash items. Interesting to note when I used the detectors pinpoint over the target it would center it nicely with a stable ID in the trash arena which seemed to confirmed the target before digging? Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to try it in a different area. Didn't realize this thread was started over 3 years ago, if I have it right? Thank you for starting this coil review and those that have contributed. Pete - USAF 62-66

Optimum performance settings for that coil is unknown, mostly because it is produced via reverse engineering (another word for theft) without authorization from Minelab and is a patent infringement.

Aside from that, soil conditions are so different in various parts of the world that nobody else's settings would be "optimum" for where you are unless they were your neighbor.

Im confused I thought the 6" coiltek coil was an authorized coil?

Neil said:
It is Neil, but that's not what he bought.

Ok thanks Longhair. I was wondering what the heck was going on.

coyote said:
Just purchased the {insert unauthorized coil manufacturer's name} 6" DD 3kHz and installed it on my 705. Would like to ask those that have achieved the coils optimum performance the settings that you have found to be satisfactory with the 705. GB setting is 26. Used it for a time this afternoon for testing & to get more familiar with it. Set it in coin (2) program. Area has a lot of trash items. So I was getting variable TID's. on the targets that looked promising. You guessed it all trash items. Interesting to note when I used the detectors pinpoint over the target it would center it nicely with a stable ID in the trash arena which seemed to confirmed the target before digging? Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to try it in a different area. Didn't realize this thread was started over 3 years ago, if I have it right? Thank you for starting this coil review and those that have contributed. Pete - USAF 62-66

Very well than .... {deleted - unauthorized manufacturer} Hope that helps?? Correct me if I'm mistaken but the Review you did/started on it posted on the Finds X-Terra Forum16 Dec 2012 was very well done? ALL the the postings in regard to that Review from Our Forum Family helped me to generate a lot of interest in purchasing one.. Thank you Fellow MDers & X-Terra users for taking the time to post & for sharing your reviews. Cy USAF 62-66

The deal here, is that only Minelab and Coiltek coils are discussed on this forum. All other manufacturers are unauthorized, and those companies have no connection to either Minelab or Coiltek, and are in fact technology thieves infringing on patents. We do not support them!

You made a great choice in detectors, but to get the most out of it the proper components need to be coupled with it. Xterra's are the first all digital machines, and correct programming cannot be "reverse engineered".

I havent used that coil but use the hunter and storm and really like them. Well built. Not sure if they are deeper or better but they don't pick up interference as bad.

Excuse me ... UPDATE ..... All it states on the Coil is CoilteK Manufacturing & what looks like an AV Minelab XTerra Serial # with warranty. 6" DIGGER in Capitals.

7centsworth said:
I havent used that coil but use the hunter and storm and really like them. Well built. Not sure if they are deeper or better but they don't pick up interference as bad.

Appreciate your input Brother ..... Not familiar with or used the hunter and/or storm coils. I'm Sort of in the reverse mode. Wanted something small and of LF for the 705 to go along with my MD approach. That is, think small & work slow. Was out a bit this PM before weather got bad. Starting to get used to it and what to look for an what to expect from it. Using the AM pattern. Don't know what others use? Sort of a learning curve. Can say the same, so far, using this CoilteK. Found depth to be satisfactory for me. Well built came with a coil cover. I'll probably wear out before it does. Thank you! Pete USAF 62-66

coyote said:
Excuse me ... UPDATE ..... All it states on the Coil is CoilteK Manufacturing & what looks like an AV Minelab XTerra Serial # with warranty. 6" DIGGER in Capitals.
Then it is a Coiltek coil and the other company that you keep referring to has nothing to do with it.

coyote said:
I'm Sort of in the reverse mode. Wanted something small and of LF for the 705 to go along with my MD approach. That is, think small & work slow. Was out a bit this PM before weather got bad. Starting to get used to it and what to look for an what to expect from it. Using the AM pattern. Don't know what others use? Sort of a learning curve. Can say the same, so far, using this CoilteK. Found depth to be satisfactory for me. Well built came with a coil cover. I'll probably wear out before it does. Thank you! Pete USAF 62-66
It's a great coil Pete, especially if you have heavy trash to sort through.
I hunt in AM, MULTI tones, and with Tracking ON, which does take some mental programming, but after swinging a 705 for a while becomes easier.

Low and slow is the order of the day with the Digger coil, so it sounds like you're on the right track. Have patience and you will be rewarded. :thumbup:

Old Longhair said:
Neil said:
It is Neil, but that's not what he bought.

After looking at it more closely IT is the CoilteK 6" DD DIGGER with the AV Minelab authentication on the label that I purchased from a Minelab Dealer. This senile citizen should have realized that I would have to provide a more thorough description of it for the Group when I requested info for the 705 settings. I hope this serves to clear up this matter. Thank you all for your patience & understanding. Pete USAF Veteran 62-66

I originally posted it as the 6" CoilteK in the heading. ???? You started an excellent review of it 16 Dec 2012. Thanks for your concern. Keep in mind this IS the 6" DD CoilteK Digger 3 kHz that we're talking about. Coyote - USAF Veteran 62-66

Old Longhair said:
coyote said:
Then it is a Coiltek coil and the other company that you keep referring to has nothing to do with it.
Yes that is correct OL- that is the rest of the story! We're beginning to get the picture!

Old Longhair said:
coyote said:
I'm Sort of in the reverse mode. Wanted something small and of LF for the 705 to go along with my MD approach. That is, think small & work slow. Was out a bit this PM before weather got bad. Starting to get used to it and what to look for an what to expect from it. Using the AM pattern. Don't know what others use? Sort of a learning curve. Can say the same, so far, using this CoilteK. Found depth to be satisfactory for me. Well built came with a coil cover. I'll probably wear out before it does. Thank you! Pete USAF 62-66
It's a great coil Pete, especially if you have heavy trash to sort through.
I hunt in AM, MULTI tones, and with Tracking ON, which does take some mental programming, but after swinging a 705 for a while becomes easier.

Low and slow is the order of the day with the Digger coil, so it sounds like you're on the right track. Have patience and you will be rewarded. :thumbup:

That is interesting .... yesterday, first time out, I was using pattern 2 to see if I could get a handle/feel for it. This PM before winter set in here, I was using as you are using AM with only the 4 target tones to see how that would work. Must remember to set the Tracking when I get out the next time?? Also where to set the sensitivity range. Had it set at 18?? Did find some clad pennies and of all things a couple (2) of expanded jacket bullets that were fired & buried at one time. All between 2 & 4 plus inches. Appreciate your input. Thanks for taking the time to share. May all your discoveries be treasures. Cy

Just turn Tracking ON, and it will take over from there. If you leave it ON when you turn off the machine it will remember it, and it will still be on when you power up the next time. There is really little reason to turn it off.

Sensitivity is dictated by the site conditions. It should be set so that the machine is stable and not unnecessarily "chatty". If you experience falsing, the first thing to do is slow down. Sweeping too fast will cause it, and it's easy to do with a small coil. I kind of use that to help me regulate my speed.

You'll soon find that that little coil is a hammer on copper, brass, and of course silver. The audio is the key.