Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

State of the Detectorist Union Address 2021

Leslie(nova scotia)

My fellow digaholics we are living in unprecedented times. The crisis that looms over our planet has caused deaths, illness, uncertainty and financial collapse. We will rise above this as a species. No man is an island and no man the cause. As detectorists how does this affect us that are way down on the concern chain? Freedom of movement has caused a natural decline in items that are lost that are the life blood of our hobby. Minor as it may be it enlightens us as to what is to come. A time to refocus! A time to research! A time to get back to the fundamentals of why we chose this great hobby.

It has been often said that no one gets everything. I'm sure we can all attest to this. New places are harder to find especially with the restrictions and the new influx of detectorists. I challenge you to revisit your favorite spots. Dam the discrimination, programs and which machine is better. The machines have not gotten that better over the past fifty years.....we have however as ambassadors of this great hobby. I urge you to redo what has been done with an open mind displaying a vim and vigor for the cause.

The old reoccurring theme of "enlightening" the newbies must be pursued least our limited permissions become a thing of the past as the coins and artifacts that we yearn for become increasingly scarce.

The environment is as fragile as a new born. Can you recall how many times even in the deep woods that you have encountered refuse? What did you do? Can you recount the number of times that you have scanned a playing field and found K9 dodo? What did you do? Just walk on by? For the planet and our hobby how much energy would it take to pick up or remove that offensive item? Questions. We all have questions. As a wise man once said; " You are part of the problem if you are not part of the solution!

To my fellow hobbyists I urge that you explore in a new frame of mind. After all this is a hobby of exploration and love. Be safe.