Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

STD vs PRO Mode

John LA

I've always like tone descrim and as much target separation as I can get. I thought I would be using Pro mode and never use Std mode. I'm afraid my age (hearing) is requiring me to swing in Std mode changing to Pro mode after locating the target. I was wondering if others did this. (I have had to change my Omega from 4 tones to 3 tones; can't hear the high tone well enough.)

I to am an older detectorist. I started out in Std. mode but switched to Pro Mode because it seems to pickup the dimes and quarters better
than standard. Dont ask me why, it just seems to be a quarter and dime magnet in pro mode zero.

I started out in the PRO mode and have seen no reason to switch. I really like the Proportionate audio as compared with the binary all or nothing of the STD mode.

Jerry

I also like the pro vs the standard usually run in pro zero especially in older sites. I have found 2 mercs from the twenties so far this year and 2 V nickels and a buffalo nickel
in a site that has been gone over 100's of times.
GW

Air tested mine with various clad coins and typical junk like ptabs and bottlecaps. Pro mode averages 1.75 to 2+ inches more on any target I tested. I like the fact that in pro I can hear scratchy (usually foil) sounds and the duration of a tone helps ID size and sometimes the shape if it is something like a piece of copper pipe.