Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Steel bottle cap program

Bill_S

I detect a lot in parks and places like that that are sometimes loaded with steel bottle caps. They will hit at around 94 most of the time. same area as a quarter. You can do a few things to determine they may be a bottle cap like raise the coil, sweep the target at the edge of coil, etc. Its not fool proof but works pretty good. But the problem is when you are in an area with a lot of them I find myself spending too much time having to analyze every one of them. I think I found a good solution to the problem.

I start with the Deus fast program then modify it. I will turn off normalization and run in a 4khz program. That still puts the bottle caps in the 90's but puts the quarter around 83. I then set a notch above quarter zone to get rid of the bottle caps. I could possibly miss a half dollar or dollar coin but the chances of one being in the park are pretty slim anyway. This is not a deep silver program but something to wade through all the trash. I like to use 5 tones and set high tones up for the nickel and zinc and above coins. It actually works pretty good.

I have gotten pretty good at sniffing them out as you mentioned, when the signal breaks up at the edge of the coil. It not only breaks up tonally but normally the horseshoe will jump to non ferrous as well and the TID will get jumpy. I was in a park today and noticed that raising the silencer seems to help as well.

Good job. Now.......work up a program that will filter out alum caps and keep silver. LOL

upstatedetector said:
I have gotten pretty good at sniffing them out as you mentioned, when the signal breaks up at the edge of the coil. It not only breaks up tonally but normally the horseshoe will jump to non ferrous as well and the TID will get jumpy. I was in a park today and noticed that raising the silencer seems to help as well.
Great point this is what I do I still dig a few,,

Good job. Now.......work up a program that will filter out alum caps and keep silver. LOL

In my soil silver usually hits a bit higher than the aluminum screw caps. BUT, deeper silver may hit a bit lower if its real deep. Depends on the detector also and how accurate its id is.