Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Step one complete...

JimGilmore

OK, I've downloaded and printed out the form to apply for a permit to detect NYC parks. and filled it out,and mailed it to the parks and rec dept today. We shall see if I get approved an how long it takes to get back.

Good Luck !!!!

they permit you? whats the odds? Could be some real good finds in those older parks.. good luck, and i hope you get granted access..

that's unbelievable!..our hobby has come to this!
hot damn!'''..people!..cover your holes!..just sayin!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

jmaryt said:
that's unbelievable!..our hobby has come to this!
hot damn!'''..people!..cover your holes!..just sayin!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

If every hole was covered you would still have people wanting to tell you what you can and can not do, because they have nothing better to do.

I figure if I pay taxes, I should have just as much right as anyone else to use the park. I do far less damage than kids do playing sports.

Biggest issue is not what we do but what people think we do.
People see you detect and think the hoes dogs, and gophers make are from us.
They see an area under the trees and think they are bare from us. But do not say anything about the carpet of beer can tops, and bottle tops that litter every inch of the bare spots.
There rules prohibit what they call probing within 50 feet of any tree. Yet they let ball players paly foot ball,soccer and baseball on the brass using cleats and tear the grass out in clumps....It defies any sense of real logic that metal detecting and removing coins and stuff from that ground would create anything but a better soil for grass and trees.

i agree!..there are 'ALWAYS' people who will never be satisfied no matter what we do!
i have no answer for that 'attitude" EXCEPT that if we all KNOW we are tryin' to do the
RIGHT thing,then there is consolation,and satisfaction in that!..just sayin!