Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Steve or others with experience

Rebel1

I have both a Gold Bug Pro and just recently got an AT Gold as well, I keep hearing how the GB is far better than the AT for nugget hunting. My question is Why? They both run at about the same freq, 18Khz and 19Khz. They both have an All metal mode and threshold. They both have a disc. mode as well for coins and relics. The AT also has the adjustable ground balance window and iron audio and can be used in the water without having to worry about getting it wet. So What makes the GB better. Or is it really in the real world? Appreciate any factual reasons from those who have used both on nuggets. Thanks

One kHz is something bigger than you might imagine. It gives the edge over the ATG. That's the big difference, at least for small gold and the GB is for small gold. At least in my way of thinking.

Actually a difference of 1 kHz is nothing. I am not one of those making the claims you are talking about so I can't answer your question. I can find gold about as well with either. Since you own both it would seem you are in a pretty good position to use them both and see which works best for you.

Most prospectors do not need a waterproof detector and so most would probably pass on the AT Gold for that reason alone. The underwater coil and headphone connectors are a pain if you do not need them. A lot of people also complain about the tiny display numbers.

Steve, thanks for the answer. I have tried the GB Pro a couple times but i am in an area of not many nuggets and lots of fine gold. But there are nuggets to be had i am sure. But having little experience nugget hunting i was just wondering. I do use the detector in shallow streams and i am afraid of the GB getting knocked in and ruining it where the AT would be fine. But thanks again. I guess i need to get my hiney out more and give them both a try. Take care