Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sticking pinpoint rocker switch

azsh07

Since I got mine second hand I am not sure if ths has been an issue but mine keeps sticking on...very annoying. Did they go from a pushbutton to the rocker or vice versa.

Other than that I like the machine...actually used the big coil today in a colonial field along with the stock coil. The large coil is still very sensitive to small stuff...dugg a piece of buckshot at 4" which is good. Did get a Brown Bess musket ball at 11" which is great in my area ( large coil).

Also dug two colonial coins at good depth with the stock coil. This is a field behind a revultaionary war tavern used by the colonists to plan their part of the war. I havehammered this 20 acres for 20 years. Nothing is left that is under 8" and EVERYTHING is an iffy target. So to get 2 coins ( KGII and what looks like a W&M 1690's) is pretty good.

Anyway curious on the switch.

I have the rocker on mine, it came first then the button. mine has given me no trouble but I try and be careful to keep dirt out of it, maybe some aerosol contact cleaner could help out? welcome to the Nokta family I think you will enjoy it. HH

I have the rocker on mine. It will stick when it gets dusty/dirty. I take a damp cloth to the rocker and clean it then spray it with a dry lubricant ( same as I use on the actions of my firearms). Works like a charm. I wouldn't recommend using a oil based lube as it will just attract more dirt. Hope this helps. HH

Dean

I just used a silicone dry lube..worked fine. I was just curious if the newer ones use a pushbutton or rocker switch...as I see you can get the entire upper rod with handle. Not that I needed it but was curious down the road

Both wok well. Honestly, I liked the feel of the Rocker type switch a little better, but maybe that was because I was used to it on my FORS CoRe. It took me a bit to 'adjust' and feel comfortable with the Push-button switch on my FORS Gold +.

Oregon Gregg got an as-new 'back-up' FORS CoRe Pro Package and it came with the Push-button. He didn't/doesn't like it and preferred the Rocker types switch. I had a new FORS Gold upper rod/handle with a Rocker, and I decided I came to like the Push-button better, so we switched upper rod/handles. That made him happy to have both FORS CoRe models with Rocker switches, and I am content to have all my FORS series models equipped with the Push-button.

As for switch related issues, I never had any with the Rocker switch. Now that might be due to the fact that:

1.. I don't wear gloves that can collect dirt that could get in the switch.

2.. I am right handed and NEVER do any target recoveries with my right hand. It ONLY handles my detect6or and Makro or Nokta Pointer, and all recoveries are done with my left-hand. Thus my detector hand stays clean, as well as my detector control switches and handle. I know, some think I'm goofy but I've been detecting that way, pampering my detectors, for the past 45+ years out of the 51+ I have been hunting.

I have only heard of one other person gritting-up their Rocker switch, but I know they get their hands, and everything, pretty dirty when detecting and recovery of targets. But they 'cured' it, probably like one of the post responder's mentioned.

Monte

I'm a lefty and use gloves in the dry Arizona dirt. When I get home from a detecting session I look like Pig Pen :rolleyes:.