Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sticky Cursor ? Feedback requested

drkp88

Seems sometimes the cursor on my SE will stick in a location and then as I continue to wave over a target it will move to another location.
For instance: the cursor might be in the upper left as I'm swinging ( re the last target ). I get a higher pitch, repeatable next target signal but the cursor doesn't move; but stays in place. After moving the coil back and forth over the target a few times the cursor will jump over to upper right. Seems like a delay in moving to the correct location. This seems to happen occasionally lately. Anyone else ever experienced the same thing?
Bruce

Yep, I think its the software. You need the Threshold to return prior to the cursor movement of the next target on the SmartFind screen if not mistaken. Not a big deal as I am going by sound and usually just use the screen for affirmation. Although, as you know it is handy for iffy cursor bounce deepies.
Many times this happens and usually is a good indication of running a lil too high a Sensitivity. The old analogy of high beams in the fog kinda deal.
But, maybe your issue is something different altogether?

I've wondered about the same thing on my SE. The tone is always correct but the cursor is sometimes slow to move on the screen. Perhaps it is too much sensitivity. I had not thought of that, but not a serious problem.

I'm used to it but I still wish it wasn't this way. The cursor WILL NOT move until you hear the threshold tone.

Thanks to all for the feedback. Not a huge problem but it can slow things down a bit. I also go mostly by tone - it just seems like I more recently noticed the problem. Oh well, forward!
Bruce