Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Still getting an urge to tell a whopper! :devil: ...

blade310

But I'll just finish what I started yesterday. First I would like to say that I hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving!

I was at my moms about half an hour ago and my brother Rick called. I talked with him a bit and I asked him if he remembered the night I am telling you all about . He said yes he did and that night wasn't the only time something like this happened. Anyway, when Rick said he spotted it I went over to where he was at and looked up . Sure enough there it was,a possum staring down at us. Rick was not real thrilled. I gotta say that a possum is an ugly thing at best. And when they are just learning to get around when they are really young,they are not like other baby animals. Other baby animals are cut and adorable. When I worked for the county animal shelter we got a call about a possum being hit by a car in town and was dead,but its babies were still clinging to it.I hopped in my car and went after them. :blink: :yikes: Great googly moogly! You talk about ugly! And I don't mean that good old "they're so ugly they're cute" thing.I mean ugly,ugly. lol Maybe its just me.They're just babies after all.Anyway,Rick takes the rifle and shoots it out of the tree and plop,it hits the ground.I can't remember if Blue went after it once it hit the ground or not. but I would bet he did.

Rick had a piece of baling twine I don't know where he got it.He took the twine and tied it around the possums tail and then tied the thing to one of his belt loops. Blue was off again. and we started out in the general direction that he had headed.After twenty or thirty minutes or so it started to drizzle a bit so we ducked under a tree. That tree was a big one. the trunk was big enough for Rick and I to sit down side by side and lean against. I guess I should say that it was big for that area. We sat there and smoked a cigarette and waited for the rain to subside. after about twenty minutes We heard Blue way off in the distance .He was on the trail of something. Sitting there that night and listening to the rain hitting the leaves of that tree and everything around us,just a drizzle,has to be one of the most relaxing and enjoyable times of my life.After another five minutes or so Blues voice faded away.Not a drop of rain had made it through the leaves yet.That rain seemed to bring the differant scents of the woods alive. I didn't ever want to leave that spot. I had mentioned magical times of early morning and late evening, well this was as magical as it gets. I think I was about half asleep when I heard my name,"Gary". Maybe it was my imagination.Then I heard it again."Gary" It was just above a wisper. I figured Rick was messin' with me.I looked over and he was lookin down at his lap and wasn't moving a muscle.In his lap was the possum. "shoot it". I still was'nt sure just what was goin' on so I said,"what"? Rick said," take the gun and shoot it".Aparently the possum was not dead and was begining to move. I don't think I laughed out loud but I thought it was kinda funny. The rain was starting to come down harder now.I thought about acting like I couldn't understand what he was saying and see what would happen next but then I realized a bite from a possum could be a really bad thing,so I lay the gun across my lap and put the barrel against the possums head and shot it.

About the time I shot the possum the rain just started pouring down. And it got windy all of a sudden. We both lit up another cigarette. It was just a matter of seconds before the rain came through the leaves. we stood up and cupped our cigarettes and hoped it would end soon cause we were getting wet. We were only about a mile from the house,but I remember dreading that walk through the wet under brush. For the life of me I can't remember any of the rest of that night.
I think I'll get a satilite view of that area and see how it has changed . its probably a housing development or something now.
There was another time when Rick and I took his black and tan out. I recall the main event of that night but am try'in to remember enough to make it a story . Anyway thats for another time. :sleepy:

lol Ron if I would have been standing over my brother and aiming down on the possum,I guess that would of been a problem. But I guess your right. there had to be some trust there.