Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Still in love with my Tesoro's .

Bobbylikesgold

Many years have passed since I bought my first Tesoro & my feelings for them have only increased .

Everyday I go into their room to see them sitting all together just waiting for me ' I always say Hi .

When I take one out for a hunt I always tell the others it will be there turn soon , they like being cared for & each one is so special to me . :inlove:

Bobby .

Yeah Me too!! LOL, Good for you Bobby, you got us Smoked good with the sweet talking'em! Hummmm, hey slingshot, he may be on to something there! I'll have to think on that some! HH Fellers, Charlie

Thanks for the replies , this photo best shows how I feel , it's not my cat but if it were I'd name it ~Tesoro top cat :cheekkiss:

Best
Bobby .

Haha, I'm kinda bad for shoving the cat off, watching it walk away with a confused look, and then calling another one to sit on my lap.

I like that pic though. Ha

Tesoro is really catching my eye. I was a Whites man for 20 years until recently when I finally bought a Teknetics Eurotek, which I've been having some really good hunting with. The Eurotek is more or less geared for coins and surface baubles, although people do make some astounding finds with theirs, and sometimes a little deeper than the typical 6 - 8" that Euroteks generally seem to max out at. i'm already contemplating my next detector, and I figure I'll fill in the gaps that the Eurotek doesn't fill. I kind of see it as a Coinmaster on steroids. Eventually I will probably want to go deeper and have some more manual paramters to play with. Im very new to the Tesoros - even just reading about them - but I'm strongly considering one as my next detector, over a Whites or even a Minelab. There seem to be quite a few models to choose from. What makes them so popular? I've been reading alot and many of the more recent posts keep hinting at Tesoro.

PABootymeister said:
Tesoro is really catching my eye. I was a Whites man for 20 years until recently when I finally bought a Teknetics Eurotek, which I've been having some really good hunting with. The Eurotek is more or less geared for coins and surface baubles, although people do make some astounding finds with theirs, and sometimes a little deeper than the typical 6 - 8" that Euroteks generally seem to max out at. i'm already contemplating my next detector, and I figure I'll fill in the gaps that the Eurotek doesn't fill. I kind of see it as a Coinmaster on steroids. Eventually I will probably want to go deeper and have some more manual paramters to play with. Im very new to the Tesoros - even just reading about them - but I'm strongly considering one as my next detector, over a Whites or even a Minelab. There seem to be quite a few models to choose from. What makes them so popular? I've been reading alot and many of the more recent posts keep hinting at Tesoro.
Mostly the circuitry- doesn't have all the enhancers for the audio or g/b settings and allows for quicker reset. I was surprised at the Whites MX 5- it seemed to have a fast response time close to the Tesoro. I chose it for all the features and felt like I didn't lose any response time.

LOL, I love mine to but let them have their space when not in use.

I do own 3 old Tesoro machines,but they are never used these days,they had been great detectors in the 80/90s especially here in the UK as every machines folks used had been a Tesoro machine ie like the Silver Sabre 11,Laser B1 and B3 these machines had been the must be seen with machines of the day,but that was over 20 years ago.

We are in 2016,and what was a prominent force detector brand back in the 90s i can honest count the number of Tesoro machine that i see at a large 3-400 people rally on one hand or on a good day both hands,that is how times have changed and about sums the Tesoro demise up really.These days the barometer for how good a detector brand is goes to the likes of the XP Deus camp and the new Nokta range of detectors.

I am afraid the Tesoro or UK Laser brand name is no longer a front runner more like at the back of the list,mainly the older machines are still being used by the old die hards that dont like change,but alas i do change with the times and a Tesoro machine would certainly not appear on my detector wish list,i very rarely change machines as i like to learn them inside out and fully understand what they are telling me,in the detector arena you cannot stand still using the old ethos of how good the companty was 2-30 years ago or how good the products had been.

My 8" coil got in the way of my car trunk lid :)surrender:) so I quit using my Royal Sabre. Later, I got a Silver umax and the dealer was kind enough to make a deal where I also got the 3-4" coil. Just recently I stuck it on the Royal to use in HIGH trash areas and it was fabulous! It's now, after all these years, back in use.

I like that little coil on the silver µMax seems to work best for me on that machine.

sure is small though :lmfao: only use it if you don't have coil envy :unsure:

AJ

I read all the time where someone is putting down Tesoros because they aren't the latest, greatest full of frills etc. None of that bothers me because they're light, easy to use and just plain fun. AND they do find stuff. I love mine too.
BB

I picked up,this post a little late...... I have had a couple. I still amazed how well they worked. The banditto was awesome. The compadre worked very well. I didn't keep the Golden long enough...
I stumbled for newer technology and sold them (the grass is greener syndrome). Recently , I wanted a water machine. Decided on a SandShark. Now I just need time to use it. I will be adding a Silver to the aresonal soon.

Barber Bill, I also have had great sauce's with my Troy Shadow x2 (Tesoro). It is light and rugged a well built detector.

I could not justify the expense of oa CTX or Deus. I like the analog style, the simplicity of nobs and switches, the speed and the disc on my Tesoros. At the end of the day most of the good stuff/buried treasure is well within the range of the Tesoros... Not to mention the lifetime warranty!

BarberBill said:
I read all the time where someone is putting down Tesoros because they aren't the latest, greatest full of frills etc. None of that bothers me because they're light, easy to use and just plain fun. AND they do find stuff. I love mine too.
BB

The people that put them down are those who fall for the glossy adverts by the marketing men who promise that their latest offering is what you need to find more treasure and less trash.Some can't live without a depth meter or the latest high tech screen that draws pretty pictures.
In reality,if you found 50 targets in a field with the latest high tech machine,marked the spot of each target and then went over them with a top tesoro,i bet the tesoro would still find most of them.Tesoro machines will also pick up targets that some of the latest machines will miss so it evens out over a hunting season.
People say tesoros are stuck in the past,but i'm afraid the past is where useful technology has stood still......todays latest features are just mostly gimmicks.

I just went in and thanked my Eldorado for the silver ring on Friday! :clapping:
Cheers
Doc

Mega said:
I do own 3 old Tesoro machines,but they are never used these days,they had been great detectors in the 80/90s especially here in the UK as every machines folks used had been a Tesoro machine ie like the Silver Sabre 11,Laser B1 and B3 these machines had been the must be seen with machines of the day,but that was over 20 years ago.

We are in 2016,and what was a prominent force detector brand back in the 90s i can honest count the number of Tesoro machine that i see at a large 3-400 people rally on one hand or on a good day both hands,that is how times have changed and about sums the Tesoro demise up really.These days the barometer for how good a detector brand is goes to the likes of the XP Deus camp and the new Nokta range of detectors.

I am afraid the Tesoro or UK Laser brand name is no longer a front runner more like at the back of the list,mainly the older machines are still being used by the old die hards that dont like change,but alas i do change with the times and a Tesoro machine would certainly not appear on my detector wish list,i very rarely change machines as i like to learn them inside out and fully understand what they are telling me,in the detector arena you cannot stand still using the old ethos of how good the companty was 2-30 years ago or how good the products had been.
well said. actually i am going to try a xp deus out thus summer and if i like it, will get one for 2017. i dont think tesoro has the people to innovate and move on.