Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Still learnin the F75

SoArk

I'm still learning with this F75 (not the LTD, or F76). I hit a site yesterday for a couple of hours..... a site that my partner and I have hit pretty hard. I had the Sens. set at 92, the Disc at 2, and was using 2F on the tones. I did ground balance 4 or 5 times within the 2 hours...... it would balance at 57 to 62 every time in this pasture. The pasture had been cut for hay a couple of weeks ago, and the grass was about 3 to 4 inches..... but easy enough to swing through. I was glad we'd received the rain we have had when digging in this field...... lots of gravel,sand, and clay and when dry it sets up pretty hard. I know I still pay too much attention to the Numeric ID's but, I'm trying to rely on them less. Yesterday, a couple of the bullets I dug..... the TID really jumped around alot..... in fact, on one..... I actually walked away a few steps, and then thought..... it just sounded right. So I walked back and pin pointed the target ..... it metered at 8 - 9" as I did. I cored out my hole with the Lesche D-handle and scooped all the dirt out. I like the way the F75 sounds when you have the target out of the hole.... it really lets you know. Now the TID locked in at 57 -58. And, as I've noticed in the past, that usually means bullet. It was. It rolled out of the clod of dirt as I began breaking it apart. The meter had jumped around all over..... from low 20's to upper 60's, but the tone had caught my attention. The next bullet I dug was about 30 or 40 feet away. It reacted much like the one I just described.... the TID was a little tighter.... from mid 30's to upper 60's, but again the tone just sounded right, so I dug, and the bullet rolled out of the graveled dirt as I scooped it from the hole..... again, it was about 8 inches. The only other bullet I dug did meter in the mid 50's to low 60's like I had grown accustomed.

Could some 'spain why the 2 bullets were so erratic in their TID's, please?

The coat size eagle button nearly blew my ears off.... I don't think I even looked at the TID on it. I couldn't believe my partner and I had missed it..... you do have to get your coil over it, I guess. And the cuff sized eagle just kept giving me a nice little repeatable signal.... with TIDs in the upper 30's and low 40's.

All in all, I'm really enjoying using and learning this machine!

n/t

Next time try all metal. You'll get better target id's. Once you've learned. You want look back. The machine does'nt give false id's in all metal compared to disc. Also you'll get the most depth. Run sensitivety to the max. You'll see the difference. Especially in that bad ground.