Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Still learning my CTX3030

pulltabfelix

Having a ball with my new CTX3030. Not at all like my first weeks and even many months with my 800. I have to admit 3 years on the 800 taught me a lot about Minelab detectors in particular and metal detecting in general. So those three years prepared me well for the CTX3030. A much shorter learning curve. It does what I expect it to do for me. Right now I am hunting in two areas. One very trashy public park, and 230 acres of woods that used to be farmland in the 1840's where most of the trash is iron. On the trashy park, digging mostly clad and not digging much trash. Ration is about 7 coins for 1 piece of trash. With the 800 it was just the opposite. In the woods, it is again to be expected. When I recover something, the FE-CO numbers are what I expect them to be.

Next week I will move on to my permissions and other old public parks with not as much trash and should have a history of silver and old coins.