Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Still liking the Freedom Ace Plus

Dirt Poor

I read alot of posts about Garrett's newer models, and thats good stuff, but to those who may not can afford a high-end machine, I'd like to say that if you want a fantastic, dependable, solid and deep machine, keep you eyes out for a Freedom Ace model. I bought a used one some time back for 85.00, and with 33 years of digging experience, it rivals any machine I've ever owned, and one can usually be obtained cheap. Just sayin'....

I like the old FA+ myself!! I've got several of them, all bought used and all are real little coin-getter's. My favorite to use for competition hunts!!

Most of your luck is by the 33 years experience, and the fact that you know your machine and are not trying to learn how to use it instead of actually detecting, they are really good detectors, and usually find the same things that new bells and whistles big dollar machines. I have had 3 of them,but have settled down to mostly using my Scorpions the last 4 yr or so and the Master Hunter, had and tried lots of detectors since 1975, but always kinda relied on Garretts since around 1992, still finding the same kind of stuff, just about anyway I found in 1975.
Back in around 1953-54 my oldest brother was a detectorist and I would follow along and marvel at what he found, many silver coins, his detector was a big ol" thing that hung on his chest, and he knew how to use it, in his later years he moved to the desert and gold detected-He's gone now, miss him , he was my big brother HERO.:garrett:

Did you know there's an internal sensitivity control? it is discussed in the little manual I once had. I can't remember what it does exactly but it seems to control how hot you run the detector.

Thanks for the replies! I have too many machines, if that's possible. But I've been so impressed with the old Garrett that I wanted to "glorify" it here a little. I just think they're such good machines and usually can be had almost "too cheap" for their worth. I've owned an Ace 250, and for my digging preference, I'd rather use the "old green one". I also just think they would make a great beginner machine for someone who wants to start with an "easy" yet productive model without the bells and whistles. :beers: