Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Still looking for the perfect anti-glare shield...

cdsmith46

Well, I continue to try to find the perfect answer to the issue of glare on explorer, etrac, etc screens. I had a small piece of anti-glare glass cut to mount over the part of the screen that I read, and it helped some, but??? I understand that ZAAG makes an outdoor screen for the Explorer that is tough and has an orange-peel surface to help break up the glare. Has anybody tried that, and are there any other efforts being made to answer this question?
I tried what I thought might be the quickest answer to the question: I called the service dept of Minelab. After I finally got somebody on the phone, some obviously overworked person there told me that they had no answers to the question, and kicked me back to my individual dealer. Stupid me! Why would I think that the Minelab powers might have an intelligent answer to the issue? Of course, in all fairness, no other company seems to have the answer either. Hey folks, there is some real money to be made in answering this question!!! I know that metal detectorists probably make up a miniscule group in the overall scheme of things, but I for one would pay some reasonable amount for this deal, and I bet that I am not alone. Actually, the real reason that I raise the question is that it is too hot to hunt, and so I had to find something to complain about.