Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Still loving the LRP/QDP

Hightone

This weekend is too crowded at my local park. Lots of activity for Labor Day. Tomorrow should be nice as everyone goes back to work and kids back in school.

Last week my LRP got me $23.60, took the QDP out one day and cheesed in another $7.75. Still have a little trouble with nickels, but now when in doubt, dig it.

I have almost mastered the pull tab signals on both. almost always, 36-37 is a tab and it travels into foil (20s) 2 out of 5 times. I haven't found any rings yet, but when I bury my wedding ring a few inches, the LRP hits it at 45 and hits in the 50s 2 out of 5 times if the ring is on edge.

It appears that the signal tries to go higher after a hit on gold (45>50) and on pull tabs it hits and then goes lower. This might mean nothing, but the medium tone on the 30s where nickels and tabs hit, tabs seem to want to stay close to the 36-37 by only hitting also in the 20s and nickels try to stay in the 34-35 area yet throw in a 17-19 periodically. It's like a nickel is iron/nickel and tabs are foil/nickel.

Hard to explain, but I am seeing what the detector is trying to say more clearly. Of course, this happens after 3" down. Up to 3" the targets are 5 out of 5.

Once learned, I am really loving the LRP and QDP. Deepest target to date was a small matchbox type bus/car at a measured 11". I have measured markings on my Samson shovel and when the signal locked on a nickel, I was determine to find out what made it not travel.

It's nice to know the signal goes that far, but I usually only dig to about 8", and the LRP has found some coins that deep, mostly quarters. Average is 1" to 5" at the park.