Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

still no luck yet

A

Anonymous

thanks for the info in the lower posts on my cz20
went out two days found one qaurter three pennys (water detecting)
detected in disc. 2 next time i'll try 1 or zero. i seem to get lots of single beeps . do you dig these or wait for repetables. when i do get a repeatable beep i can't seem to pinpoint it proper. the loudest sound usualy takes up a large area. guess i need lots of practice . when you guys dig how deep or wide do you usualy have to go. i take a scoop of sand and still keep getting the beeps then keep on digging and can't find the elusive target. finaly give up on that hole and fill it back in.

Perhaps the target is slipping through your scoop, but if the approximate location of the target does not change then it is probably still deeper. As noted in other posts, it's a good idea to get a rough idea of the pinpoint, then release the pinpoint and try to pinpoint again from much closer to where you think the target is.
Had one quarter today that was 8" deep under 1' of water in sand/silt and it may seem difficult, but until you recover the target you will not know what your machine is telling you. It is however up to you to decide when to stop going after a target. Set your own criteria for work expended per target and then you will either cover more ground and get more recoveries or dig deeper and perhaps find the older goodies.
Have you setup a test gerden of any kind to practice on known targets? Do this using both good and bad targets. Good luck!

haven't got a test garden. landlord won't allow any digging at all in our yard i'll try pressing the pinpointer a second time and see what happens. either way i'll keep trying till i get it right. i'm not one who gives up easy. eventualy i'll start finding some good finds. i'll keep on practicing and try every ones tips till i get it right. thanks

Move the coil over to the side of the approximate location and depress the pinpoint several times, keeping it depressed go back over and target will be detuned(made smaller) for easier pinpointing..If hunting in the shallower water gets tricky pinpointing thru the water as the target area is hard to locate due to reflection of water from sunlight rays. Good pair of sunglasses and putting your foot next to the coil when pinpointed will have you digging in correct place. Hard work hunting in water and long handled scoop really helps..

Target that cannot be found is often an aluminum can at over 12" or too deep for the bell tone.