Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Still silver at pounded sites.

Hi fellows,

My buddy Lee and I went to another pounded site last weekend and the conditions were very dry. Hard digging to say the least, but to both of our surprise we pulled seven silver out of the ground within about the first hour. We all know that wet ground is better, but now I'm starting to think otherwise. I have hunted in dry conditions before and it's surprising how silver will scream out at you when it's dry and how those coins got missed by who knows how many other fellows. Lee got a really nice 1917 Canadian quarter and a 1943 Washington quarter, two mercs and some Wheaties. I got two mercs, two rosies and a well worn 1901 Barber quarter with no S mint mark.:rant: I think this is my third 1901 Barber quarter and that S mint mark keeps alluding me. Lee always seems to find the coins that are worth the big bucks:starwars:. I got some wheaties also with the oldest being a 1917. I got about $12 in clad and I think Lee did about the same. Had a good hunt and as always it's nice to get out with my best detecting buddy. Thanks for looking and HH to all of you.

Eddie

I always found that my explorer works best in dry conditions, five silvers and wheats in one hunt, i love them days nice job Eddie...:thumbup:

it could be the explorers are so sensitive that wet conditions just create to much noise by hitting every thing were as dry conditions isolatecoins better allowing them to stand out better on of the parks i hunt a lot if its wet is nuts with noise used to be a dump .i belive hitting all the deep old trash all coins sink deep here do to lots of spring flooding just my thought on this

First and foremost area wasn't too pounded to find all that silver but again the Explorer series really gets the ones others miss...

Wet ground has its plus and minus....easy to dig but if it makes the coins more conductive it also makes the junk the same so sort of a two edged sword...

Certainly a nice buddy hunt and a tip of the hat for a job well done....

Eddie --

That is OUTSTANDING! You guys did a GREAT JOB! Wow...I wish my "hunted out" parks meant my partner and I would only be able to find 9 silvers, a dozen wheaties, and well over 20 bucks in clad! :) That would be a HONEY HOLE, in my books! :)

So glad you are having a great year, Eddie. Hope you and Lee continue to have good luck the rest of the year!

Steve

I think sometimes dry ground is better, maybe because the iron gets quieted down a bit and that makes separation better????