Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stingray II depth?

cadman_us

I got a Stingray II a couple of years ago, had to fix the headphones (broken wire in the box) and replace the waterproof connector. Finally got all that done and was air testing it on a quarter, getting about 6 to 7 inches. I have adjusted the sensitivity to max depth vs chatter, set the threshold to barely audible hum in all metal and the volume loud as I can handle.

Just wanted to know if this is about average for depth.

Thanks,

Joe

Ok, found a post from 2005

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,65167

Quote from BarnacleBill "A depth demon she aint."

I do not think that 6 inches is average for a stingray 2.I have found dimes and small rings at 8 inches.I have tested it with my tiger shark it will hang with it till the ground starts to get bad the sr 2 has factory preset gb in discrimination mode.