Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stingray II in fresh water black sand?

A friend of mine wants to know if the Stingray II will be able to get good depth in areas that have a lot of black sand in a fresh water lake?

Mahalo,

Terry in Hawaii

I don't have a clue as there is no black sand to speak of in the lakes here. Is it in layers or solid everywhere? I kinda doubt that the Stingray would be better than any other VLF. Even if it didn't go into an overload condition the depth would probably be poor by the time you dialed it back enough.

Just a guess as like I said I have no experience with black sand in lakes. Ran into it a couple times in some washes in AZ while on vacation and I know it can be nasty stuff to deal with.

Tom