Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stingray II

PennyFinder

The other day I picked up a Stingray II as I heard they were quite gold sensitive, and yes it is. It also has a TR mode which I thought would be useful for prospecting in and around water.

Does anybody know which machine was sported out with bathing attire and is the basis of the StingRay II? The original Bandito would be my guess? :shrug:

HH

PennyFinder

Hi PennyFinder

I have had a Tiger Shark since 2001 and the manual states that the Tiger Shark has the same ground balance and discrimination features of the Bandido series, I thought I would throw in my two zincs. I had already owned the original Bandido and bought the Tiger Shark at about the same time, so I compared them back in 2001. They are similar in that they are a low freq. VLF motion discrimination detector, But...... the TS operates at 12.5 Khz and the Bandido operates at 10 Khz. The TS has a 3&3/4 turn ground balance adjustment and the Bandido has a 10 turn ground balance adjustment, similar but not the same. The TS has an ED 180 disc. circuit while the Bandido has an ED 120 disc. circuit, not even close there! Apples to oranges.....So I could'nt say that the Tiger Shark is a waterproof Bandido, but they are both excellent detectors for their intended purposes.

Remember the Stingray has been out a long time so don't compare it with newer model land detectors as technology is changing every year. Certainly a killer on gold rings and small gold jewelry in freshwater but isn't the best in saltwater enviroments.. I feel a quick call to Tesoro would answer your original question quickly...

Thanks Guys, that helps a lot. I like the fact that the Stingray II has a 180 degree discriminator and the older low gain circuit like the Compadre which is a noted small gold killer. I found a small 4" coil for more small gold sensitivity, target separation and better performance in bad ground.

HH

FoilFinder