Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stock 11" coil...

Calnevaroy

Consensus seems to have both the 5" double "D" and the 5x10 elliptical coils as first choices for many using the Goldbug/G2 for coins and jewelry. Is there any situation where the stock 11" does better? :confused:

Yes-that situation being if you want a tad more coverage & a little more depth (in cleaner ground).---That's what I have experienced in my minerilzed ground & the sites I have hunted anyway.----I own & use all three of those coils & IMO they are all three very good coils depending on the intended usage at hand.---------Del
Calnevaroy said:
Consensus seems to have both the 5" double "D" and the 5x10 elliptical coils as first choices for many using the Goldbug/G2 for coins and jewelry. Is there any situation where the stock 11" does better? :confused:

Thank you Del, I wasn't sure about the 11" coil. For awhile there I was beginning to think the 11" coil was a real dog. :)

You're welcome Calnevaroy.-----Well, I've had really good success with the 11" on both the GB & G2 and now with the Omega.------I think that 5" DD is an amazeing little coil also.---My wife & I have pulled a lot of eagle buttons out of the nastiest "iron pit" I have ever seen with it.------When I first got the 5 X 10" DD, I wasn't sure I was going to like it or even really need it.---After using it awhile though, I love it to, I find myself using it a lot.---I see it as a "go between" of the 5 & 11".-----You just have to keep in mind that because of its physical size, it's not going to get you quite the seperation of the 5" or the depth of the 11".---At least that's been my experience in my ground & hunt conditions.------I wouldn't want to give up any one of those three coils.---I think they're "cracker jacks" all three! :thumbup:----------Del
Calnevaroy said:
Thank you Del, I wasn't sure about the 11" coil. For awhile there I was beginning to think the 11" coil was a real dog. :)

What can I add, I think Del covers it very well all shine in their own light. I bought the 11 for my GB before the 5x10 came out and loved it. When the 5x10 hit it was the perfect in between, able to split hairs and still get good depth, my go to coil but the 11 is very sensitive as well and performs very well in a park or beach setting. On the beach I prefer it as most I hunt the targets are few and far between.
Oh and the pin point on the 11 is second to none in my opinion.

digit