Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stolen shipment of Minelab GPX-4500 machines

I just read this morning that there was a stolen shipment of Minelab GPX-4500 machines. Minelab has posted a notice about the theft as well as the serial numbers at
http://www.minelab.com/aus/consumer/knowledge-base/news?article=106856

The machines have been showing up on ebay and elsewhere. Caveat Emptor is all I can say.

That's so brain-dead on the part of the perps. Nothing like leaving an electronic ebay trail to follow. Who knew they'd have traceable serial numbers? :blink: Hope they get caught quick!
-Ed

Digger Bob said:
Interesting that they were 4500's and not 5000's. I wonder where they were being shipped to? Hmmm...

Sudan maybe? It was my impression that Minelab would continue manufacture of the 4500 for export to various third world countries. Should make it easy to spot any that show up in the United States but they may be destined for elsewhere.

Steve Herschbach