Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stone cannon ball

arkojake

Would any one know where I can get stone cannon ball authenticated it is approx. the size of a tennis ball round as a tennis ball and appears to be granite with specs of peridotote.

Pete George @ petegeorge2@comcast.net :thumbup:
He and the late Tom Dickey wrote Field Artillery Projectiles of The Am Civil War
Its considered the "bible of projectiles?

Off topic here , but welcome back Vlad. Have you been hunting the lost WW11 gold cache while in the Phillipines ? Are taking up permanent residence there , or just an extended vacation ?

was found by Marcos working a deal with Japanese soldiers that originally hid it.(like the golden Buddha)
But some was found a few years back in the jungle on a hill top in Laguna.
There are still projects involving "investors"...but those have to be scams.
A lot of folks here do mine gold though.

Are you sure it's a cannon ball? I found a stone ball about the size you described in a field where I find Indian artifacts. Looked it up in one of my books and said it used as some sort of a game ball. Can you imagine getting hit with one? Not sure it's the same. Amazing how round and smooth it was.

vlad said:
I know on the Thames River in London they are occasionally found.
My wife and I have both found them detecting in England, they were identified as civil war {1600's} Carronade projectiles.
But over here I would have to agree with Native American game balls JMO
Jeff