Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

stoneshirt

S

stoneshirt

Hey,wanted to ask someone..When my EXPLORER XS Coil(10in) gave up,I was on the Beach,I fiddled with it,and then out of curiosity,Re-Booted,into Factory Settings.(the first time I had ever done that(18yrs?)...Then,I find,that I can't get into The Menu On pressing,nothing,Coincidence?...Sooo,Now it looks like it's just me ,and my Sniper Coil,and having to re-learn where everything falls on the Screen,with these Presets.(Factory).....Uuugg. I'll look in my Manual,just what the settings are going to be.My Question would be...Is there a Back Door,into the Menu??
stoneshirt.

Stoneshirt, you might have an inside loose connection but I wouldn’t be the one to ask.

Maybe post this question on the Explorer forum as it isn’t a MOD question. Folks there will help.

Tony

Thanks,Big Tony..sorry for the slow response..
I been Busing around in South America,looking for some nice place to live.Not to long ago,I was on here bragging about finally getting Beer Bottle Caps,and Pull Tabs figured out...Which was foolishness.Their like Gold....Their where you find them.Now that my 10in. Coil dyed on me,I'm down to the 5in.Sniper Coil,and Factory Pre-sets.I really liked that Ferrous Setting too!.So,now I have to learn that new Screen (Quickstart)...I have an Excal Blue,also,and it's starting to require some McGyver Technology.Forget any options on getting things repaired down here South of the Ecuador....($9.00 for a Letter,and Two Months Mail Time) to the States in some cases.So sending em' is quite Dear to the Pocket Book..
stoneshirt.

I hear you about the postage. Hang in there maybe a few folks can suggest something.

Tony NJ

Stoneshirt.....First things first. In order to understand EXACTLY what your problem is, I need you to type in complete and correct sentences. Is English your primary language? If so, let’s continue...
You say you were using your ExplorerXS at some point in the past and there was an issue. Then you decided to hold down the power button for 5 seconds or so to get it to reboot to the factory settings. Is this all true so far?
If those things are true AND your machine DOES turn on, what happens when you press the “Menu” button? Does it take you to ANY menus or change the screen in ANY way?

I will wait for your reply to proceed.

Kevin

I obviously am not going to able to help. Good luck.