Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stop falsing because of black sand

supertraq

I had a problem with the first detector I had with black sand getting under my coil cover.
The cover on my cz20 was a mf to get off and when I finally did I found just a little debris/black sand.
Well I split the coil cover down the sides in several places to make it easier to remove and for years that's what did.

Fast forward to several months ago,since 93,I fixed all my coils for good.Don't waste your time with silicone as it peels off eventually.
Amazing goop will stay for good,just don't put it on the cover and then install because it will never come off again.lol
After cleaning the cover and coil and drying put together and seal around all edges with the goop completely, no missed spots.
Never will you get crap between the cover and coil again.And if needed you can go around the goop with a razor and cut the goop and the coil will come off.
It doesn't take a bead of goop,put a little and smooth with your finger,repeat until complete.

I might try this stuff for assembling the next coil I need to make for my PI detector.
Thanks for the tip!