Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Straight Rod

I straight rod my New Deus before I even hunted with it once. Took about 5 minutes to do using all existing hardware. I'm not a fan of the S Rod. Tried it out in my backyard for about an hour and could aready feel it in my forearm!

Interesting

Arthur-Canada said:
Tried it out in my backyard for about an hour and could aready feel it in my forearm!

So you're saying that the original configuration (before you made the modification) impacted your forearm negatively? And the straight rod configuration alleviates that stress?
Would you show us a close-up photo of the new location where the rod is now attached?

beepsilver said:
Arthur-Canada said:
Tried it out in my backyard for about an hour and could already feel it in my forearm!

So you're saying that the original configuration (before you made the modification) impacted your forearm negatively? And the straight rod configuration alleviates that stress?
Would you show us a close-up photo of the new location where the rod is now attached?

It is really quite easy to do. You have to remove the two small screws from the meter mount so the shaft slides all the way out. I glued the mount back on using "Goop"! it is the best glue for this kind of stuff. Hold strong but can be removed any time and residual glue peeled away leaving no trace of the glue.

The arm cuff rod has two screws that you remove and it is a really tight fit so I just pulled it out until the first screw hole was showing. The other rod then slips in tight in the remaining space below the handle. I found a piece of plastic that I shaped using a heat gun to slip inside the two abutting rods for more stability. This may get a bit loose after using it a while so future modifications may be needed for sure, but right now it is good and stable.

The last thing is that you have to flip the coil 180 degrees on it's shaft. You'll understand what I mean when you try it. In the original setup the arm cuff rod and the lower rod are mirror images of each other and have to mount the same in the modification resulting in the coil flipping over.

Cheers

Thanks for the instructions Arthur--and to confirm, the modified configuration is easier on your forearm?

eagle52 said:
You have straight rod but no rod adjustment on upper part of the rod.
t

No you have no more adjust in a straight rod setup than 90% of all the other detectors out there. But that's okay for me because I have a van and carry all my detectors loose in the back. I just like how nice a straight Rod swings. Much easier on the forearm and wrist which I have issues with in arthritis and tennis elbow!