Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Straight shaft for the Infinium (pics)

Bill D. (VA)

My hunting partner made this for me for just $35. Basically its a retrofit of the upper part of the shaft that makes it much easier and more comfortable to swing. If anyone's interested, PM me and I'll put you in contact with my buddy.

[attachment 137562 shaft1.jpg]

[attachment 137563 shaft3.jpg]

[attachment 137564 shaft4.jpg]

Nice straight shaft!

It looks as good if not better than my Anderson and is a whole lot cheaper too!!!

I see that you mount the box with the controls to the rear and the majority has them installed this way. I have mine mounted the other way and find it real easy to adjust the knobs like that.

I've seen them mounted in both directions and after having discussed this with other hunters in the past, have come to the possible conclusion that having the coil connector go to the rear of the machine might possibly (can't prove it) make it a little more stable in the water.

It would be great to know if others have experimented with this theory too?:blink:

Well, I've recently hit some Jersey shore beaches and the sand replenishment programs have (IMHO) ruined the hunting and affected my gold count with my VLF machines!:rage:

I've decided to only use my Infinium on the the wet (real slow) and in the water to snag the deepest targets that the others are missing. I just changed out the mono for the stock 12" (cover max area) and will only dig whisper hi/lows:detecting:

I once hit a spot that was hammered with Excals, and actually walked right behind 2-experienced hunters on the wet sand with a PI and and recovered a heavy .925 earring at around 18/20" deep!!!

This was in real bad black sand that drives most VLFs crazy:ranting:

The look on their faces was priceless :surprised: and grin on mine was :crazy::rofl: Hope to be doing plenty of that again:thumbup:

Thanks!

Hey, the same thing happened the other day when a guy with an Excal II walked into and around an area I was at over at one of my now favorite lakes. He comes down, does the chat, then walks right over where I would have gone, does the quick sweep, then leaves.

I decided to go ahead and do my detecting anyway. Wham! A 14K Gold Mens Band with nice weight, then 20 feet more and Wham! a .925 Large Silver Mens Band! Thanks Minelab (for the miss)...and thanks more to Mr. Garrett!

Just gotta love this Infinium.

See ya out there!

hey bill,could you give the fellow phone number,i like to order straight shaft or call me at 410-757-2183,thanks!