Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Strange Backyard find

Tcpa15

I live in a Victorian style home, built in 1904. Every time I detect on my property I find something unusual. The other day I was hunting along a hedge row between my ,and a neighbors property , and found two heavy plates, possibly lead, about 3x6 inches. They were in the same hole, about 6 inches deep. When I cleaned them, I saw the images of two women. I couldn't see the details so I did a pencil rub over the plates and it appears to be victorian style women's dress. Are these newspaper print plates? That's what I think they are.

Attachments

• IMG_1895.jpeg
    IMG_1895.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1897.jpeg
    IMG_1897.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 155
mayebe grave markers for pets,

Imprints for candle molds?? Good find no matter, if ya find out definitively let us know.

I have found several wheat pennies , 1904, 1912,1913 being the oldest. I also found a civil war era Marine Corp cuff button. I am just west of Harrisburg PA. in June of 1863, there was a large encampment of Union soldiers about a mile from my house, defending the Capital. The entire area was no doubt covered with foragers and forward pickets. I also found a very old suspender buckle, not sure of the date on that.

Attachments

• Marine Corp Button.jpeg
    Marine Corp Button.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Buckle?.jpeg
    Buckle?.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 75
I have a two antique printer's blocks that had the metal plates tacked to a wooden rectangular block. I see there are, what look like, small holes around the edges of your finds, so my guess that those are the plates from old wooden printer's blocks.