Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

strange coin signal today!

chuck ky

I'm hunting a tot lot today with my t-2 and get a 78 which is usually a zinc penny. I scrape away some wood chips and out pops a 2006 quarter. I think that there must also be a zinc or something else to bring the signal down but there's nothing else. I then check the quarter several types and different angles and all I get is the mid-tone and a 78.

Did you check any other quarters to see if your machine has a glitch ???

Let us know please.

I found several today and they were all between 84 and 88. I was wanting to keep the quarter but I pitched in with a bunch of others so I don't know if I can find it again. it looked normal.

I very rarely use just TID for making a decision if i dig or not,audio is so much more reliable,i do usually have a quick glance and if it is showing 'over' 40 and pretty stable then i have too dig it out,TID is fine for shallow targets but basically useless or very un-reliable the deeper you go.Audio is far more reliable at depth.

In the tot lots I retrieve it all except for the lower 40's when there's a lot of foil. If you're mainly using audio you're missing some very good targets. With the detector I had before the T-2 I dug 4 Walking Liberty halfs that gave a terrible, trashy sounding audio but were in the right range on i.d. numbers.

chuck said:
In the tot lots I retrieve it all except for the lower 40's when there's a lot of foil. If you're mainly using audio you're missing some very good targets. With the detector I had before the T-2 I dug 4 Walking Liberty halfs that gave a terrible, trashy sounding audio but were in the right range on i.d. numbers.

Most of my roman/saxon permission are either deep pasture or very deep ploughed,so this is why i mainly use audio,the deep targets just dont give me a reliable signal,the Deus is a classic example,many times i can pick up deep target but the controller will show nothing what so ever.When using my TDI Pro for deep pasture sites although it does not have a screen some target are that deep you can only just hear a ultra slight change in the audio threshold the targets are that deep.

Dont personally think i miss much,i am after very deep artifacts this is why i use mainly big coils,upto 20'' on Pulse machines and 17x15 Big NEL coils on the T2 and Nexus deep seeker which the targets are down below the ploughline that a detector with just a stock coil cannot reach.