Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Strange water hunt

Waterdog

I went out water hunting the other day, and I was getting the usual penny, nickel, fishing weight type of targets all with there own tones with the Excalibur . Then all of a sudden I started finding Pennies every few inch or so then a foot away. It was like someone went out there and dumped 100's of pennies on purpose . Then I came across a few individuals all with masks, and snorkels out floating around. Then someone let the cat out of the bag. They asked me if what I was doing could find a lost ring ? I told them that all I was doing was finding pennies and fishing sinkers. I told them that it seemed like there was so many pennies, it would take forever to hunt there. They started laughing at me, and swam away.
After I had scooped up around 300 pennies all with the same tone, I continued hearing more of the same tone on my metal detector and would walk on by.
I talked to one of my friend about this and he told me that it would be a good idea to go back out there and look around, as they might have thrown all those pennies out there to hide a ring that was lost?

Possibly could be… I have had days when I wish someone would have thrown a bunch of pennies in the water due to the lack of signals.
I’m thinking they threw them out to find them with their masks and snorkels… just playing.

I went out water hunting the other day, and I was getting the usual penny, nickel, fishing weight type of targets all with there own tones with the Excalibur . Then all of a sudden I started finding Pennies every few inch or so then a foot away. It was like someone went out there and dumped 100's of pennies on purpose . Then I came across a few individuals all with masks, and snorkels out floating around. Then someone let the cat out of the bag. They asked me if what I was doing could find a lost ring ? I told them that all I was doing was finding pennies and fishing sinkers. I told them that it seemed like there was so many pennies, it would take forever to hunt there. They started laughing at me, and swam away.
After I had scooped up around 300 pennies all with the same tone, I continued hearing more of the same tone on my metal detector and would walk on by.
I talked to one of my friend about this and he told me that it would be a good idea to go back out there and look around, as they might have thrown all those pennies out there to hide a ring that was lost?
Reminds me a little of several years back when I was finding a lot of pennies, some painted red, some painted yellow in a fairly narrow section of beach. When I moved on I ran into two others detecting. We talked a little and I pulled out a handful of the painted pennies. One of the guys said he put them in the water about two years previously, a couple blocks from where I was finding them in an effort to try to map target movement.