Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:stretcher: AT Pro has sprung a leak .......

BH_Landstar_

3 months after the 2 year warranty expired ! :cry:

It seems that water has got into the control box around the control panel area as I can not see how water can get in any other way. I've now got to get a RMA number to send it in for repair. Will Garrett fix it for free ? I hope that they will.

I can hear water sloshing around in the control box when I shake it. I last used the detector in a lake 2 weeks ago, but it did not show any signs of a water leak at that time. Dried it off, and put in back in the car. Along comes today, I get the detector out to use it at a local park and it will not power up ! Hmm, changed the batteries and still no power up. OK, I know the batteries are fine, they work in my other detector.

After checking things over I hear the slosh of water in the control box -- great ! :sadwalk:

Calling Garrett first thing in the morning for an RMA number.

Nope, no backup waterproof detector. :sadwalk:

Ouch! I dont have one either, but I do have a dry land machine that I can wade with if I have to...say, you might want to also ask Garrett to send you a new redesigned armcuff while you are at it...I need to get one for my AtPro...go spank the heck out of some clad on the dry to make you feel better BH!
Mud

That's some sad news right there!! I'm sure Garrett will get you fixed up. If there is a charge, I'll bet it's minimal. They just went thru my SH Mark II that's older than dirt and replaced a ton of stuff, including all of the seals and connectors and it was only $90. With a fairly new Pro, I don't see it being that much.

I called Garratt this morning, spoke to a nice lady (Mary), gave the details of the problem I have with the AT Pro. She asked for the serial number and looked it up, and without hesitation, told me that the warranty would be extended by 6 months. Fantastic ! Mary then informed me that it was an April build of 2011. She took my details and gave me the RMA number so I could send it in.

The detector (control box & coil) is now on route to Texas for repair, it should arrive there on Thursday or Friday of this week.

Fantastic service over the phone ! Now why can't all companies be like this ?