Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:stretcher:MXT300 dying

ufobbs

My faithful MXT300 died on me yesterday 5 minutes into a hunt.MY sound went totally scratchy and broken up in the coin and relic mode.
It is not a coil problem because I tried both my DD and my 300 LTD coil.

I am calling whites today and send it in for repair, GEE! it is only one year old, thought it was my gain control so I sprayed it with electronic cleaner but to no avail.

Has this happened to any of you????? john.......................

Sounds like the problem I just had with my MXT Pro. It turned out to be a short in my Pro Gold headphones where the wire enters the 90 degree fitting. Put on my back-up set and everything is OK. Sent them to John Smith for warranty repair.

Good to hear that it was in your phones and not the MXT ,but I am having my trouble even with no earphones at all, just through my speaker.
Terrible breaking up. My buddy had the same thing happen to his but he had a bad burn spot on his motherboard that was caused by a water short circuit from rain
getting in through the speaker.

Never had any problem with any of my MXT machines . . is there a chance you had some water intrusion recently ? Good luck with that . . Whites will do you right . . .

SRF 2112, I dont think so, my machine has been hanging up in my celler for quite a while with all my other machines.I am extremly
careful of getting any water into the speaker.

I think it got mad at me because I mostly use an Excalibur II now.I have been a true fan of Whites machines all my life ,I have owned 14 of them
and still to this day own 5 of my 14. CM4 - IDX classic - IDX pro - MXT300 - GM66T.

I trust Whites and think their service is better than any other manufacturer and they will do me right, the machine is not that old....John........